What Is Your Reasoning For A New Equinox?

You don't know what you are missing in the ground if you don't have one right.

What if the wife says "Why you have all those detectors, you only swing 1  at a time"?

If my wife asked me why I have more than 1 detector because I only swing 1 at a time.  I'd then ask her, why she has 20+ pairs of shoes for only 2 feet.  Why she buys a new outfit each month when she has 100's.  Why I need to keep buying her diamond ear rings, when I've done it now many times in 30 years and she only wears 1 set at a time...Or why the two of us live in a house with 5 bedrooms and we only sleep in 1 of them.

I'm getting one because I don't really care what others say it can/can't do...I have to compare it myself in the sites I hunt in the soil conditions I have. 

I'm getting one because I like new technology - Multi IQ.

I'm getting one because if I can find 1 way it does better (and allows the the opportunity to find more)  than my favorite detector at a certain tasks, then it is good.

But I am not expecting it to do all.

What is your reasoning?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I started detecting using the Minelab Excalibur II and loved it. I had more time on it and really got to know the Excal.

Eventually, I sold it and was immediately disappointed. I see the Equinox as the perfect replacement for my Excalibur. Not that the Equinox is a replacement for what the Excal does but a replacement for me personally.

Also, the new Equinox’s speed and weight is a very big plus.

Best of Luck everyone!

• Like 1

I’m getting one because I feel it will fill some of the needs I have in the gold field along with coastal beaches which I don’t have a detector for that.  With my Wife recently retired we see ourselves RVing to the coast a lot more where this detector will do better than anything I currently have.  

• Like 1

I sat on the fence for 3-4 years after the CTX came out, I can't believe what I was missing out on. Not gonna happen this time, going in full bore and buying both coils as soon as I get a price.

• Like 3

By the way my wife just asked, how many guitars & metal detectors can a man own. I smiled & said as many as my lovely wife will let me purchase. I will try the Equinox where I have found great civil war finds & coins in iron infested sites that I have hunted with the Impact & At Max. I will post some of my finds. Hopefully starting next week. Alias Bluegrass Man.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Terry Greenway said:

By the way my wife just asked, how many guitars & metal detectors can a man own. I smiled & said as many as my lovely wife will let me purchase. I will try the Equinox where I have found great civil war finds & coins in iron infested sites that I have hunted with the Impact & At Max. I will post some of my finds. Hopefully starting next week. Alias Bluegrass Man.

Sounds like my two vices as well Terry... at least according to my wife.  My guitars and my detectors are labors of love to me :)

• Like 2