What Is Your Reasoning For A New Equinox?

The reason that I am going for the Equinox is to put it to use on Roman fields where there has been past habitation.

I have some great permissions here in the UK which has rewarded me with some beautiful Roman Gold , Silver and Bronze coins over the years and it is my intention to use my Equinox to scour over these permissions to see what else I can bring home.

Here below is some of the better ones, I have many many more.

Dometian Gold Aureus Obv & Rev.jpg

Nero Gold Aureus Obv & Rev.jpg

Roman Gold Aureus & Silver Denarius ( Obv 3  XP ).jpg

Roman Gold Aureus & Silver Denarius ( Rev 1 ).jpg

Roman Silver Denarius Antoninus ( Obv 1 ).jpg

Roman Silver Denarius Antoninus ( Rev 1 ).jpg

Roman Siver Denarius ( Obv 2a ).jpg

Roman Siver Denarius ( Rev 2 ).jpg

Urbs Roma ( Under Constantine The Great ) Obv..jpg

Urbs Roma ( Under Constantine The Great ) Rev..jpg

• Like 5

INCREDIBLE, Randy Dee.  Stuff that your long-lost brethren on the other side of the pond can only dream of...

Mind-blowing stuff right there!  Congrats to you on having the good fortune and ability to recover it all!

Steve

• Like 2

I've been swinging the ctx for 6 years and up until last year could swing it all day. I am starting to get pain in my lower back when I'm out with the ctx more then a few hours so I have been using the deus more on sites that should be gone over with the ctx. I'm hoping the E800 is a great all around machine in the light package. I'm sure my back and I are going to love this machine.

• Like 2

My first detector was a JETCO BFO detector and it was a piece of junk! I was lucky if it could hit a coin more than 3" deep and it would cut-out when the "waterproof coil" was submerged, but it was all we could afford in 1969. So, after many years travelling around the world working and not detecting, I took early retirement and was able to pursue my treasure hunting addiction. I decided I would get the best detector available and settled on a Minelab SE. What a difference!

After many ML products, from a great dealer in Boise, ID. that provides excellent training, I know that "If you get the best, you won't be disappointed".  My wife taught me that phrase and it has served me well. The Equinox 800 will be another great Minelab detector.:biggrin:

Bill

• Like 1

Why buy a equinox?.....I guess it boils down to, in my earning life I bought something because I needed it to earn but in my hobby life it is because I want it to enjoy.

• Like 4

I like the design and the process by which  ML developed and engineered that design.  They incorporated real detectorists in the field like Steve and Brandon for example throughout the process.   The Army adopted that same approach when developing the M1 Abrams tank... which became and remains the best tank in the world.

Secondly,  I want a lighter more “packable” and more portable detector without sacrificing performance.  Knowing what I know of the EQX,  I see it fitting the bill for me.  

Finally,  I just like Minelabs.  They have proven themselves with me so I’ll stick with products developed by engineers that have fielded excellent detectors in the past.

just the view from my foxhole...

• Like 1

Like I said, my metal detecting hobby started about 45 years ago. If memory serves me, my first real detector was a compass cue-to-1000. I believe it had a blue control box. Correct me if I'm wrong. I found my first seated half dime with that little detector but you had to dig a ton of stuff then.  I've probably purchased over 20 detectors since then.                          When you've turned 65, you need all the help you can get. Just look at technology advancements from that little compass cue to the minelab equinox 800. That's why I want the equinox.                                                               Bluegrass Man

• Like 1