Initial Settings For My New Equinox 800

Dave.H

Well, as a XP Deus user for 5 years, and loving using this machine, I've came to the conclusion ( solely on reading this forum),,,, I'm definitely purchasing a Equinox 800!

Having read the user manual listed here for the Equinox, several times,,, before even purchasing the 800, I've made a note of my initial settings!..... ( UK land searching, mainly Roman & medieval sites)....

Here goes!

Field 2

Multi frequency 

2 tone

Recovery speed 6

Ground Balance = auto 

Noise Cancel = auto

Sensitivity = 20/22

Discrimination = 0. ( back from factory preset of 2)

Iron Bias = 0

Rest of settings,,,,, factory presets , till used for at least 30 hours!

PS , I've been detecting for 30 years,,,,,, honestly I can say I've never been so excited about purchasing a new detector, as this one!

Good luck, and happy hunting to all users of the Equinox!

Regards.

Dave

• Like 2

Is the ground very mineralized?  I have not had to use the ground balance feature on my 3030 in Ohio, Maine, or FL hunts.  I would try a full on hunt with just stock field settings before messing about with the detector.  I think deviating too far from stock settings can create unwanted frustration.  I cant wait to see what you pull out of the ground!

2 minutes ago, Vez said:

Is the ground very mineralized?  I have not had to use the ground balance feature on my 3030 in Ohio, Maine, or FL hunts.  I would try a full on hunt with just stock field settings before messing about with the detector.  I think deviating too far from stock settings can create unwanted frustration.  I cant wait to see what you pull out of the ground!

Hi there Vez,

here in the U.K., I experience some difficult ground i.e. Searching a Roman site for example, 

I totally agree with you using the factory's stock settings, ( until a least we become familiar with the Equinox),,,as you can see I'm only diverting slightly from the stock settings!

Dave.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave.H said:

Hi there Vez,

here in the U.K., I experience some difficult ground i.e. Searching a Roman site for example, 

I totally agree with you using the factory's stock settings, ( until a least we become familiar with the Equinox),,,as you can see I'm only diverting slightly from the stock settings!

Dave.

It actually looks spot on to field 1!  I would mess with that one rather than get rid of the 50 tone in field two.  I cant wait to try out 50 tone.  But I am just concerned with the auto ground balance as the manual has warned that it can slow down machine performance.  I wont be able to bounce setting ideas off of you for some time as I am number 62 on the waiting list with my dealer.  Cant wait to see what works for you!