Sign in to follow this  
Vez

This Darn Website!

Spending time at Steve's website peaked an interest I hadn't had previously.  I want to find a nugget with a detector!  I am on the waiting list for the ML EQ 800 and have seen the small nuggets are that the detector is capable of finding! 

The questions:

I live in in Northeast Ohio, I have seen videos picking up dust high-banking.  Will I find nuggets here? 

If not and I want to be a casual (once in a couple years) prospector and travel abroad should I join a club?

As you can probably tell I am not too terribly serious about it, but it would be something fun to do with my children from time to time.  Hopefully by the time I die I have a small collection to pass on to them to visualize the time we spent together!

Thanks for your time!

• Like 4

What a lovely reason to want to look for gold.

I'm in Aus so can't help with advice on where to look but browse the forums, do lots of research and if you need to attend a good club to pick some brains.

I have taken my children out lots over the years and even built and used a cradle for a while creating many lovely memories.

They don't always stay looking for gold, but they find their own fun in the bush.

My ten year old spends hours looking for bits of china and old bottles and also loves looking for crystal quartz in the dirt. 

Enjoy

• Like 2

Vez,

Nugget hunting is quite an adventure.  The way I see it is that you have two locations.  You can go over to the Carolinas and have a go at it on a couple of  GPAA or public sites for a little color.  The other choice is out West.

I'm in the West and from time to time find gold but not every trip.  I live about 3-6 hours from good gold country.  It would be difficult for me to tell you to make a trip out west for gold but certainly try it if you are coming for other reasons also.  We who hunt for gold learn to enjoy the locations where we find it as much if not more than the gold itself.

Take Arizona as an example.  Gold can be found in deserts, washes, and mountains.  The animals, cactus and flowers are all part of the experience.

Read and watch the videos and when you have an excuse to make that trip, pack your detector.

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vez,

You are closer to gold than I would have thought!  I read this article and thought about you.

http://www.richlandsource.com/area_history/the-bellville-gold-rush/article_bdaeb902-0ab1-11e8-a485-ebd20572c36b.html 

You can also go to a GPAA chapter meeting:

http://www.buckeyegold.com/goldrush.htm

I hope you get out there with your family sooner rather than later!

Mitchel

Hi Vez,

When my kids were young, they thought tooth fairy brought gold nuggets. Have fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1