None to my knowledge...the enhancer would have to be part of the water proof headphones...I don't know if the DepthMaster company is still in biz but you could look them up and ask...

I hope my memory has not screwed up the name

fred

• Like 1

Recently son gave me a neat booster to trial, Treasure Mate V3

http://www.vkteksolutions.com/

Very compact, Speaker inbuilt, HDphone plug, inbuilt 9v Lithium battery, external USB recharge, volume control etc . Brilliant, no drama way to go for me..

OOppss....I made a mistake with my comments about the SDC 2300 having the small headphone jack. My bad. It of course has its own special plug due to its waterproof ability for the waterproof headphones. The headphones it comes with have the same plug connection but they aren't waterproof. The waterproof headphones are an extra that you have to buy separately. For the price of the 2300 you think they would be part of it. I believe that none of the other waterproof Minelab headphones are compatible with the 2300. :rolleyes: Cheers

JW :smile: 

Wouldn't you think that by now Minelab would have built their own headphones, as the ones they provide with their very expensive detectors are cheap rubbish.

• Like 3

Reg, you are so right.

Cannot imagine why they would leave it to others to build headphones that are the equal to their wonderful detectors.

21 hours ago, Swegin said:

http://steelphase.com.au/index.php/products.   I wish these were available here in the States.

As I am making larger batches now, they will be distributed throughout the US soon. We can however ship direct to the US via our website.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      These are available at some dealers now. Headphone Adaptor Cable 3.5mm (1/8-inch) to 6.35mm (1/4-inch) Part No. 3011-0369 $40.00

Minelab Equinox 1/8" male waterproof connection to 1/4" female non-waterproof connection
      I plan on wading a lot with the Equinox and this creates a waterproof connection to the detector itself. The cable is two feet long and reaches just about to my shoulder. Main gripe - the straight connection once it makes that 180 degree bend gives up some length. To prevent stress from pulling on this constantly the cable should be affixed to the detector itself so the cable does not get stressed repeatedly where it makes the bend.
      This is a good solution for people who want to hunt in the water but do not need to put their head in the water, and so who do not need the waterproof headphones. The cable also mates directly to the WM08 module for those who wish to use it for that purpose.
      Minelab Equinox Parts & Accessories Page
      Do be aware there is a compatibility issue as regards the Equinox external speaker. If headphones and adapters are not wired correctly the speaker will keep going even with headphones plugged in. Here is the Minelab article on the subject. As far as I know this applies to the CTX 3030, GPZ 7000, Gold Monster 1000, and both Equinox models. I use Sun Ray Pro Gold (CTX version) headphones which are wired to work properly with the Minelab units.

Minelab headphone wiring diagram
    • By Andy2640
      Hi fellow detectorists,
      I used the WM-08 for the first time yesterday.  Before this i was using 2 methods, the Bluetooth supplied e phones (Very slow lag) and then the wired setup directly into the nox.  Trouble was with the wired, i kept getting tangled up, and ripping the phones from my noggin! 
      The WM-08 setup was great, fast, comfortable and defo thew way to go!!
      And so im looking at getting some new "high quality" and "high performance" Head phones.  In the running so far are:
      Grey Ghost NDT
      Black Widows
      And this one intrigued me ....  Clear sound Sovereign (sold at detecknicks)   Although it makes me wonder, as the company that makes them seemingly based in the netherlands, however another company "C-Scope" seem to sell the same phones, but with their own brand??  Weird, perhaps generic??  If so... where are they made?? China???   HELP!!! lol
      Bose

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, i did do a search, but couldnt see too much about this.

Thanks guys n gals!! 
      Andy.

• By unearth
      Hello All-
      Looking for some info/advice on some Nox waterproof headphones. Has anybody bought a pair? If so, what pair did you get? How do you like them? My hearing is a bit impaired trying to hear the high conductor signals so I try to get headphones that are a bit loud or have a volume control on the headphones. Any help in this area is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • By Thegoldenone
      My Equinox has been under the water at least 40 hours before this happened! The first thing that I noticed was interference, like the cell phone being too close... then she just went dead!!
      Bummer!
      And for anyone thinking about getting the Minelab waterproof headphones? Put on your headphones, turn the volume on your machine down to somewhere around 14 and see if you'd like to hunt like that? That's how low the sound is on the Minelab waterproof headphones!
      Surely the waterproof headphones were an afterthought for Minelab because I don't think you could hear them if you were under water breathing through a hookah or air tanks!
      I'm not sure but maybe they can come up with a download that will help with the volume! 
      I'm just waiting for Minelab to get back to me so I can send it in.....
      Other than all the little and now an end of days problem........  I love this machine! I have over an ounce of gold jewelry that I have pulled off one beach in about 70 hrs of detecting! 

• By Steve Herschbach
      If stuff is only worth what it sells for, bad news for Minelab. My new in sealed plastic bag WM08 with the charger cable, $259 from Minelab, just sold after a 10 day auction on eBay for $87
      I am not terribly surprised because like most people I am just fine with aptX Bluetooth on my Equinox. However, I am keeping one WM08 around for use with my earbuds.