Just Called Kellyco

Well I just called Kellyco to check on my order. I was curious how many they were allotted.  Customer service told me that there is now an unexpected delay. Instead of receiving some this week they are now just hoping to hear something this week. He has no idea why they are being delayed but if he had to read between the lines he would guess a last minute bug was found. PURELY HIS GUESS.. Hopefully its something small. They just found this out and are trying to decide if, how and what to tell their customers. They don't seem to know much at present. Just passing it along

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Mountain Mike said:

Just passing it along

Like the coil prices.... right?

2 hours ago, Mountain Mike said:

Well I just called Kellyco to check on my order. I was curious how many they were allotted.  Customer service told me that there is now an unexpected delay. Instead of receiving some this week they are now just hoping to hear something this week. He has no idea why they are being delayed but if he had to read between the lines he would guess a last minute bug was found. PURELY HIS GUESS.. Hopefully its something small. They just found this out and are trying to decide if, how and what to tell their customers. They don't seem to know much at present. Just passing it along

My guess is you are being fed a line.  Kellico is one of the biggest dealers and to keep the dealership with Minelab they need to keep some information from being leaked and strictly follow Minelabs rules.  I am guessing they have some in, but Minelab's requirement is to keep the release date from being leaked. Suspense. I still say the first shipments will all be released at one time over the world.  Then the second wave of detectors will be released as soon as the dealers receive them.  We will all get them by Springtime I am hoping. Come to think of it, Spring is just about  6 weeks away.  Just my opinion. 

Doesn't the Equinox have the capability to download updates/fixes online?  I thought I read that somewhere. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tsunamiscott said:

Like the coil prices.... right?

I saw the coil prices listed on a dealer website that I knew was reputable and have actually bought from before. I simply passed that information on to the group. There is no way I or anyone else could have known that they weren't correct. I'm sorry if you took my post any other way than genuinely trying to share some information that I felt was helpful.

• Like 2

Champ....I agree with you 100%.  I am amazed at all the "gossip" and "fake news" that is hitting the net regarding the Equinox delivery.  It is down right hilarious what I have seen over the last few days.  I.e. Dealer "A" "is only getting "One" detector.  Dealer "B" is shipping out pre-orders this week. Dealer "C" has no news about any delivery dates, etc....etc.

I for myself will not pay attention to anything regarding my preorder delivery.  The only time I will start paying attention is when the UPS driver rings my door bell and say. "Signature required for delivery please."  :biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 2

It is impossible to blame people for being anxious so please go easy on people just looking for the latest info. It is hard to tell what is real or not out of all the stuff being posted. Generally however if it is not a new update direct from Minelab I pretty much ignore it all.

• Like 2