Sign in to follow this  
jjm861

New Detectors Coming In 2018?

If I remember correctly, around this time during the new year is when you share your thoughts about new detectors that may be hitting the market.  I mean come on !!  It is the first week in February and nothing from you.  I know it has been slow with new detectors lately....nothing from Nokta or White's.  Even with some of the other premiere metal detector manufacturers like Minelab....not a peep from you or anyone else.  OK.....Sorry Steve I just had to do it....HAAAAAA HAAAAA....I think we could all use a little humor right now :laugh::laugh: 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jjm861 said:

nothing from Nokta or White's

Two Words "Makro Kruzer".  I know you are kidding around, but in fact Steve has been actively posting about it, just not in The Equinox Fan Club forum, for obvious reasons.  Folks should get some fresh air and venture into some of the other DP forums and take a well deserved break from Equinox before they suffer from 'Nox intoxication syndrome. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

looks like mine is coming from the school of hard Nox

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No worries Jim :laugh:

The main thing right now is just about everyone put something new out the last few months. So with First Texas we still have the “new machines over next four years” thing going on. Maybe a beach PI by the end of 2018 or in 2019?

Garrett just released the AT Max. I kind of gave up on a light dry land Garrett ATX but maybe someday?

Minelab I think we have some idea about whats up there.

Makro we have the new Kruzer series just being launched. Nokta has been working on a PI for a couple years. Maybe this year after the Kruzer release is completed?

Tesoro? Naw...

White’s? All we can do is hope.

XP? Maybe a lower cost model based on the DPR 600?

There is not much really on the horizon once Equinox and a Kruzer hit the streets. I would personally be interested in whatever PI First Texas and Nokta have in the works, but other than that I am not really expecting much else. I guess if I had to root for anyone at this point it would be White’s getting the long awaited “new tech” to market that has been in the works for years, just because I think they really need a break soon. The crossfire between Garrett, First Texas, Minelab, and Nok/Mak is getting pretty intense. First Texas may not have any radically new machines out for some time, but the aggressive price reductions are keeping them in the game.

All just guesswork. Sorry I don’t mention any other manufacturers but I really don’t pay attention myself to other ones. If anyone wants to add a guess about the Euro folks, that’s fine.

and just a last note.... this thread will probably move to the advice and comparisons forum after it runs the course here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So with First Texas we still have the “new machines over next four years” thing going on.

Pretty exciting, eh? Watch for a Russian photo of a marketing slide for more details.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, martygene said:

looks like mine is coming from the school of hard Nox

I had nothing to do with it :laugh:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Two Words "Makro Kruzer".  I know you are kidding around, but in fact Steve has been actively posting about it, just not in The Equinox Fan Club forum, for obvious reasons.  Folks should get some fresh air and venture into some of the other DP forums and take a well deserved break from Equinox before they suffer from 'Nox intoxication syndrome. :laugh:

Ah hem....it's THREE words Makro MULTI Kruzer :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Happa54
      Hey everyone...
      There are horse paddocks a few miles from home. I stopped in once before a few months ago and got a merc, some wheats, modern clad, bits and pieces of jewelry and metal grommets or ornaments off of clothing. I dug a bunch of quarters there which tells me that no one is hunting the area. These digs came from the grassy areas surrounding the paddocks. 
      On my return yesterday morning, I decided to go into the paddocks (all the gates are open) to see if I could find rings, bracelets or whatever metal objects my Nox would pick up. The ground is an inch or two of crushed rock, not quite sand, and real gritty. It was like finely crushed gravel...lots of tiny rocks. Below this topping, is some sort of concrete floor or something rock hard. Don't know what it is but my Nox was getting high conduct signals from down under and I couldn't break through. I gave up on it. 
      Here is my scenario...
      I started in Park 1, factory settings. My audio was extremely choppy. No consistent signals. Took off IB, went to 50 tones... still choppy and erratic. I felt myself panicking a little. What to do? I put it in Park 2, factory settings. Still choppy and erratic. Did a couple of noise cancels and ground balances, to no available. I thought to myself, "I'm outta here".  
      Is this what beach hunting is like? No can't be. This was strange and I knew that I have to research and discuss with members on the boards. 

• By phrunt
      Disclaimer: I've only really been interested in Gold hunting so I'm pretty clueless in using my Nox for jewellery hunting.
      This might be a challenging one, a farmer I knows wife lost her wedding ring in a paddock and didn't realise,  Later the same day they run a plough or some sort of farming gadget over the paddock as they planted it out with grass seed so the ring is likely buried.  They're pretty certain it was lost in this paddock.
      I have been recruited to try find this ring, it's 24k gold with about 20 diamonds on it.  The guy originally gave me the wrong description of the ring, probably his ex-wife's ring he described as he said it had 1 diamond and sapphires 😄
      The paddock is really junk filled, I went and swung my detector over it yesterday morning before skiing and there was iron I assume setting the detector off everywhere in all metal mode.
      I know the VDI numbers are extremely useful for coin hunting but will they help for finding this ring, I really don't want to have to dig everything! Is there a range I should be targeting? I assume Field 1 will be the best mode or maybe Park 1 seeing there is a lot of junk?
      Small gold when prospecting always comes up under 10 on the VDI's, I am guessing a ring will come up higher? 
      Would the Equinox be my best choice or would I be better off using my T2 with Mars Tiger 10x13" or 15" round Stock T2 coil for more ground coverage? I also have a Garrett Euroace with Nel Tornado 12x13" I could use if that would be best.  That's the biggest coils I own.
      I have a GPX 4500 with a 15x12 DD Commander I could use but I don't want to dig lots of junk and I was hoping VDI's would be useful.
      I told them I'd do the hunt for nothing when they tried to pay me as it's a bit of fun for me anyway but they said they can't allow that and they'd give me a few sheep for my freezer for my efforts even if I don't find it but I'm sure if I find it they'll force me to take some sort of payment, I will try refuse as I really don't want it but it will be difficult to not take it when they're forcing it....
      The paddock is about 3 hectares!!!!!  Just over 7 acres so I really have a job ahead of me.  The soil is extremely mild but it seems to have its share of junk.  I assume rusty old nails and tractor bits and mower blades whatever else over the years.
      Any help appreciated.
    • By ☠ Cipher
      Found this item on Amazon. It might be good for dunking sub-IP68 pinpointers, or as an added level of protection to IP68s. I'm going to buy one just for the heck of it. What do you guys think? 
    • By Buzzard
      found this today in a wash below and old mine, any ideas as to what it might be.
      Got it with my Equinox 800 in park 1, was looking for possible coins, had the 6 inch coil, sure sounded good.

• By Alluminati
      Here is a easy way to fix your shaft wobble, even if only temporarily. The male end of the middle shaft just needs a single layer of electrical tape.
      The tolerances on the Minelab shaft are actually pretty tight. If it was any closer you might not be able to get it apart again. Anybody who has swung a Tesoro Knows those twist-locks only work for first assembly, lol
      I've done this before with other machines except I used aluminum tape, time will tell how long the electrical tape will hold out. The tape in the picture has about 15 hours on it, so far it's OK. Besides, it's easy to replace.
      Coincidentally when I took the machine apart for a cleaning and to take this picture, I noticed that Minelab made a similar raised surface on the lower fiberglass rod. The lower rod is so long that a little play really wouldn't translate into as much slop as the upper connection does.

• By HarbingerSong
      Hello all, i like to take the kids on hikes and look for cool rocks.  I came across this but no one can tell me what it is, and I've looked for an assayer in my area. The closest is quite aways away. I live in so cal. Any help would be fantastic. This weighs approx. 8.79 oz