New Detectors Coming In 2018?

If I remember correctly, around this time during the new year is when you share your thoughts about new detectors that may be hitting the market.  I mean come on !!  It is the first week in February and nothing from you.  I know it has been slow with new detectors lately....nothing from Nokta or White's.  Even with some of the other premiere metal detector manufacturers like Minelab....not a peep from you or anyone else.  OK.....Sorry Steve I just had to do it....HAAAAAA HAAAAA....I think we could all use a little humor right now :laugh::laugh: 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jjm861 said:

nothing from Nokta or White's

Two Words "Makro Kruzer".  I know you are kidding around, but in fact Steve has been actively posting about it, just not in The Equinox Fan Club forum, for obvious reasons.  Folks should get some fresh air and venture into some of the other DP forums and take a well deserved break from Equinox before they suffer from 'Nox intoxication syndrome. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

looks like mine is coming from the school of hard Nox

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No worries Jim :laugh:

The main thing right now is just about everyone put something new out the last few months. So with First Texas we still have the “new machines over next four years” thing going on. Maybe a beach PI by the end of 2018 or in 2019?

Garrett just released the AT Max. I kind of gave up on a light dry land Garrett ATX but maybe someday?

Minelab I think we have some idea about whats up there.

Makro we have the new Kruzer series just being launched. Nokta has been working on a PI for a couple years. Maybe this year after the Kruzer release is completed?

Tesoro? Naw...

White’s? All we can do is hope.

XP? Maybe a lower cost model based on the DPR 600?

There is not much really on the horizon once Equinox and a Kruzer hit the streets. I would personally be interested in whatever PI First Texas and Nokta have in the works, but other than that I am not really expecting much else. I guess if I had to root for anyone at this point it would be White’s getting the long awaited “new tech” to market that has been in the works for years, just because I think they really need a break soon. The crossfire between Garrett, First Texas, Minelab, and Nok/Mak is getting pretty intense. First Texas may not have any radically new machines out for some time, but the aggressive price reductions are keeping them in the game.

All just guesswork. Sorry I don’t mention any other manufacturers but I really don’t pay attention myself to other ones. If anyone wants to add a guess about the Euro folks, that’s fine.

and just a last note.... this thread will probably move to the advice and comparisons forum after it runs the course here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So with First Texas we still have the “new machines over next four years” thing going on.

Pretty exciting, eh? Watch for a Russian photo of a marketing slide for more details.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, martygene said:

looks like mine is coming from the school of hard Nox

I had nothing to do with it :laugh:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Two Words "Makro Kruzer".  I know you are kidding around, but in fact Steve has been actively posting about it, just not in The Equinox Fan Club forum, for obvious reasons.  Folks should get some fresh air and venture into some of the other DP forums and take a well deserved break from Equinox before they suffer from 'Nox intoxication syndrome. :laugh:

Ah hem....it's THREE words Makro MULTI Kruzer :biggrin:

• Haha 1