mn90403

Gerry's Is Getting An Equinox Delivery Tuesday!

If you are not reading all the threads then you would have missed this:

I did get confirmation this afternoon of shipping to me...yippie.

Gerry said that.

Mitchel

• Like 2

How much did you have to prepay Mitchel?

The problem is not when, if not, how many units will the distributors receive?

I didn't make my Equinox purchase from Gerry.  I didn't have to prepay because of my 'relationship' with my dealer but Minelab wanted to send to prepays first so I followed the rules.  Bill will have my detector this weekend and send it to me.  I'll have it for my beaches early next week!  I'll tell you when I get it.

Dealers don't want to get caught in the who's first game.  Please don't ask them how many.

Steve has said the fire storm was about to begin and now it has.  Two months from now it will probably be out.

Mitchel

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Steve has said the fire storm was about to begin and now it has.  Two months from now it will probably be out.

Mitchel

I'm not sure I understand you here.  Two months from now what will be out?  The Equinox???  Deliveries are already being made, so that can't be what you mean.  The Equinox to everybody who has prepaid?  The Equinox to those who haven't prepaid?  Please elaborate what you mean Mitchel.

The 'storm' right now will be 'Where is mine?'  How much longer will it be before they are 'on the shelf' and I can just buy one.  'I've been waiting since last summer ... 'Why can't I have mine now?' etc, etc.

The pent-up demand has had the fuse lit.

How much time before you get more?  That storm.

Mitchel 

• Like 1

To Spain they will arrive only 4 units and from what I have understood to England they arrive only 10. It is what I have understood, it could be that this ill-informed

It is impossible to deliver every presold detector to everyone immediately. Small numbers are being allocated around the entire world so a few get out to all regions. More machines will follow very soon. Not everyone can be first. In general, those that put money down early are getting the first machines. Those that waited to do so will be later in line. That’s just the reality of the supply chain ramping up.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I didn't make my Equinox purchase from Gerry.  I didn't have to prepay because of my 'relationship' with my dealer but Minelab wanted to send to prepays first so I followed the rules.  Bill will have my detector this weekend and send it to me.  I'll have it for my beaches early next week!  I'll tell you when I get it.

Dealers don't want to get caught in the who's first game.  Please don't ask them how many.

Mitchel

The 'fire storm' will only be out if Minelab recognizes the amount of interest in their new detector and seriously ramps up production...personally I see this getting worse and worse as a few finally get out and the reports (of just how good/versatile it is) begin coming out....

so the fire storm really begins next week and will build as folks see how few have actually been shipped out....we're talking very large Worldwide demand here folks...

oh and Minelab, if you're listening, it's absolutely necessary to let us know exactly what you plan on doing to put this fire storm out....cheers....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Lunk
      I finally got my hands on the long-awaited new 6-inch coil for my Minelab Equinox 800 (thank you Gerry); definitely a sight for sore eyes!

I had a couple of hours to kill this afternoon, so I took it to an old nugget patch where I had found a few bits with the Gold Monster last year. The Nox is ultra-lightweight with this small coil, making the detector nearly effortless to swing. Set to all-metal in Gold 1 with Sensitivity at 24, the EQX was zipping pretty hard on the hot rocks, but notch-discriminating them out helped tremendously whenever they started to get thick. Straight away I got a hot rock signal reading -7,-8,-9 on the EQX display, but in the mix were some jumpy positive numbers of anywhere from 1 to 5...hmmm, definitely worth investigating. After removing the first inch of soil with the pick, the small hot rock was out. Moving the coil back over the target zone now displayed a solid 2, with an occasional jump from 1 to 5. After another 3 inches of depth, the target was in the scoop:

The small, heart-shaped nugget was undoubtedly apropos, since I was already quite enamored with this little 6-inch sharpshooter.😍

Just 2 feet away I hit a persistent signal of 1; this time, the gold was only an inch deep...easy money.

Swinging down slope only a few more feet and I had a repeatable 2 on the display; a screamer at 2 inches, this bit had some thickness compared to the first two, and was in a small clay-filled crevice in the bedrock.

The fourth target was a ripper from the get-go, but as I was removing soil from the hole, I noticed a much fainter signal as I waved the scoop over the coil. A quick sifting revealed a tiny little speck of yellow:

No doubt about it, the 6-inch coil is super hot. With the main target still screaming in the hole, I finally had it in the scoop after removing 3 inches of soil: a mini arrowhead-shaped golden beauty.

I couldn’t be more pleased with this new coil, a solid performer on the gold fields. Well done Minelab.

• By Happa54
      Hey everyone… I hope you all had a great weekend hunt.
      I cut my teeth in this hobby on the ML Safari which is basically a tone machine, and the TID’s are secondary. This is the way I run my 600. I like to hear all tones. I don’t know anyone who has the 800 so I don’t know what tone breaks sound like but I am guessing there are 5…correct?
      I like to hear a nickel as a nickel, a dime as a dime, quarter as a quarter, and so on. Au naturale on tones is what I’m used to.
      I have been going back and forth in my decision to either purchase the 800 or keep the 600. For me there is a technical aspect between the two that would seal it up for me…. And that is;
      Pound for pound, is the 600 just as powerful or equal to the 800 when maxed out at recovery speed 3 vs recovery speed of 6 on the 800? 3 on the 600 is equal to 6 on the 800 but are they really equal as written in the manual?  Some of you own both models… do you see any differences when running both at speeds of 6 or 4?
      I have noticed through reading and watching videos that most Nox 800 owners don’t seem to hunt often above 6 or 7 on the recovery speed.  In fact, from my observations, most 800 users seem to hunt at 6, 5 and 4… and for obvious reasons mainly due to loss of depth and erratic signals. I hunt mostly in recovery speed 2 on my 600 which is equal to 4 on the 800.
      So, being that my emphasis is on tones and slower recovery speeds, is it really necessary to upgrade to the 800? Who hunts in speeds of 7-8? I hunt the some of the most polluted parks in L.A. and I go low and slow. Learned that habit from my Safari.
      I am clear on the loss of gold prospecting, profiling, etc. with the 600 but I am not concerned about these features.  I still use my Audio Technica or Grey Ghosts Ultimates and have wires dangling but I prefer it this way since I am into hearing quality tones.
      Your input is much appreciated…. Thank you
    • By Bhogg
      I was out today had the Nox and the SDC and after getting a 2.56 gram nugget with the SDC I decided to run the Nox over it to see what number it was ringing up and to my surprise it wouldn’t pick it up on Gold mode 1 but would on Gold mode 2,  but even more unusual was it would pickup a .04 nugget on mode 1 and not the 2.56 nugget.
      I found this a bit strange anyone have an explanation for this?.
      I tried to load a video I took of me running the Nox over both nuggets but it said it was over the size limit allowed so not sure if there’s another way to load it up on here? The video only goes for a minute and twelve seconds.
       Cheers 

• By Johnnysalami1957
      I was just wondering why someone would choose a detector with only 3 selectable frequencies over a machine that has more than 3 selectable frequencies and can operate in multi frequency? 
    • By sdbirder
      I've noticed when I transition from submerged saltwater to bone dry beach my ground balance will shoot up into the 50-70's until the coil drys up. My quandary, should I trust this reading or manually set it at what I know the dry beach is (usually is 0 to 7)? I've tried both and it doesn't seem to matter much, but then there's always the fear of missing something due to an incorrect setting and I just wanted to confirm the best practice.
      Thanks in advance!

• By NSC
      This Eq800 testing video comes from Facebook.
      I understand it was filmed at a Minelab Turkey demonstration day 
      I would like to know the settings 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157635448164052/permalink/282204502373812/