Gerry's Is Getting An Equinox Delivery Tuesday!

mn90403

I am a fan of the brand of Minelab, I think it is the only brand that is innovating in the issue of detection but I think that with the equinox they are doing very badly in the distribution issue. For my part I do not mind waiting two or three more months, but sending only 4 units to Spain and 10 to England I see ridiculous. It's my point of view. If they do it to satisfy the customer I think what they are getting is the opposite

3 minutes ago, canslawhero said:

The 'fire storm' will only be out if Minelab recognizes the amount of interest in their new detector and seriously ramps up production...personally I see this getting worse and worse as a few finally get out and the reports (of just how good/versatile it is) begin coming out....

so the fire storm really begins next week and will build as folks see how few have actually been shipped out....we're talking very large Worldwide demand here folks...

oh and Minelab, if you're listening, it's absolutely necessary to let us know exactly what you plan on doing to put this fire storm out....cheers....

What makes you think they are not ramping production to the max their infrastructure allows?  As I posted elsewhere, this is a $10M/yr company (detector sales revenue) vs. $360B/year (revenue) for Apple.  Only so much investment can go into production, R&D, and marketing.  They have no reason to arbitrarily hold back production and probably want the customers off their back as much as you want the machine, probably more so.

8 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Even a good news thread goes south.... 

actually I'm from the North, lol

I simply want Minelab to tell us what they're doing to deal with the shortage of units...

transparency, and if they did so I'd shut up, lol

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Just remember I don't think as heavy of interest as been shown with any model like Equinox previously.  Minelab seems has built a popular product.  Don't knock them for doing this.  Rather APPLAUD!! 

I think they even stated they were surprised at the heavy volumes of preorders.

Minelab probably wish they could wave a magic wand and get all wanted units to folks. 

My dealer just contacted me.  I paid in full in October (my choice) and am first on his list.  He expects to have one Equinox 800 in his hand Feb 13th and is shipping it to me.  Hopefully the flood gates will be opening.

HH

Fred

• Like 1

Which company would you rather be? A company with a new product on the way that has massive threads underway by people upset they can’t get one quick enough? Or the company with the similarly late product that has nobody upset at all because nobody cares?

I know for a fact several forum members will be getting an Equinox next week. That’s good news as far as I am concerned. :smile:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Which company would you rather be? A company with a new product on the way that has massive threads underway by people upset they can’t get one quick enough? Or the company with the similarly late product that has nobody upset at all because nobody cares?

I’d rather be the guy posting pics of my finds with my new Nox lol . It’s a supply and demand issue , no way ML could have anticipated the interest and high demand for the equinox , but if they would release a statement instead of letting rumors run rampant then this would not be as big of an issue 

• Like 2

Here in the UK we have a similar moaning and groaning about the blank out from Minelab with product availability information and on one of our British forums I reacted with the following post and please remember that my post is directed to our UK brethren.

=================================================================

Minelabs Marketing Strategy and My Theory Is.

I don't think it is a case of being fobbed off about when the Equinox will arrive, I blame the marketing strategy of Minelab as they haven't just kept the end user in the picture they haven't divulged much information through the distribution and dealership network .

The Equinox is so far advanced of any other metal detector that the whole world metal detecting fraternity is wanting their hands on one.

Minelab did make a statement early in October that the expected release date would be late January and they are not a kick in the arse after that and we are just in the first few days of February.

And the reason that the distributors are not able to give much information out is because they have not been given the reason from Minelab.

I honestly believe the delay problem is the result of logistic problems as with such a high quantity to ship out to nearly every country in the world and the only logic method of dispatching such a high volume is by sea cargo, I don't even think that any airline would accommodate this type of high volume of cargo and if they did it would be at a massive cost which would be passed on to the end user,

Another factor to consider is the fact that trading with a none EU country would encounter customs involvement which is a further delay.

As we now know that Minelab did send a small shipment to many countries by airmail possibly just to relate to their promise of January / February release date and these few detectors will be delivered by this coming Monday & Tuesday and remember that the dealers are only getting these detectors in the single numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 and the sea shipments will be a further wait of 2 or 3 weeks.

I am very anxious to get my hands on the Equinox but at present I will just have to sit back and wait like everyone else and be patient but with a bit of luck I might be in the lucky few as I am near the top of the pre-order list..

• Like 2