Gerry's Is Getting An Equinox Delivery Tuesday!

mn90403

I have tried to stay out of the timing and delivery threads across this and other forums... it is drama I don't need in my life. 

I just love this hobby and I'm REALLY looking forward to strapping the Equinox on my arm. 

I pre-ordered the E800 within the first few days of the announcement... and my dealer didn't want payment until he saw the whites of the detectors eyes... but I did send my payment to solidify my place in the preorder line a few weeks ago at my dealer's request.  That may push my delivery back until after those that prepaid in September receive their units.  Is that a little disappointing... sure... just like everyone, I wanted it last fall and everyday since.  Is it a shot below my waterline and ruined my life... no.  If I have to wait for my number to be called until April... so be it.  I will be just as excited to see my fedex guy then, as I would be today.  I am choosing to practice perspective.  And I am actually thrilled that OTHER members will be getting the machine next week, because that means it is just a matter of time before mine arrives.  1 day, 1 week, 1 month, a few months.... that is out of my control.  I know that Minelab will deliver to my dealer when they can, and my dealer to me will deliver when they can... It isn't a personal attack on me or the metal detecting community... it just is what it is... Sure, a little more proactive communication from Minelab would have helped smooth things over, but the end answer wouldn't change.  As MY unit is available, it will be sent to ME.  :) 

I can picture it in the production line now.. it has my name on it ;)  

• Like 6

My birthday is in April and hopefully so is the thaw.  I'll be content with waiting and learning from everyone who received theirs first. Life's too short to stress about missing something that I never had in the first place.  

I received notice that my Equinox is on the move too!  Our drop ship plan didn’t work out so It might take a few days longer then anticipated.. It’s getting sent to his place and then on to me.  I’m just happy to know it exists and is actually moving. 

Update:  Turns out my Equinox actually DID get drop shipped!!  Just got my Tracking #

Bryan

• Like 2

Guest Tnsharpshooter

My unit per dealer has been assigned tracking number.  I don't have EDD yet though.

UPDATED: Tracking # confirmed, is in UPS site, still no delivery date yet.

Welcome to the 'fire storm' that Steve anticipated.

Do you think Minelab should take the time from their busy schedule to take my phone call and ask them where MY unit is?  Just as soon as they take MY call then it makes YOUR unit get to you more slowly!

Minelab (any company that has a distribution network) needs to deal in bulk.  They design, test, manufacture and package metal detectors.  Their DEALERS sell them.  They have to use the people they have to do what they do best.  

Steve said it.  There are not enough detectors to instantly fill the demand.  Why?  Well, just think of the financing cost of prepaying all of the materials and shipping.  It is simply not possible to take a company who produces dozens or hundreds of units a month to ramp up and produce tens of thousands of units.  What do you do with that production over-capacity when you meet the demand?  

Minelab told the dealers they would have a pecking order.  That order was based upon deposits on hand.  Some dealers followed the rules and perhaps some did not.  We don't know for sure.

Minelab has put out several new detectors and new detector technologies in the last 5 years.  It seems that they have learned and taken some of our advice and that of their testers and dealers and created what may be the highest selling detector ever.  Good on Minelab for that.  I trusted this early on when I read what Steve had to say and placed an order.

My dealer told me Minelab would respond to him better and send my detector if I reduced it to a deposit.  That has been done and I hope to get my detector next week.  We'll see how good it is in my hands after that.

Bill tells me that they are within a week of a plan they put into effect last fall.  I'm satisfied.

Mitchel

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Welcome to the 'fire storm' that Steve anticipated.

Do you think Minelab should take the time from their busy schedule to take my phone call and ask them where MY unit is?  Just as soon as they take MY call then it makes YOUR unit get to you more slowly!

Minelab (any company that has a distribution network) needs to deal in bulk.  They design, test, manufacture and package metal detectors.  Their DEALERS sell them.  They have to use the people they have to do what they do best.  

Steve said it.  There are not enough detectors to instantly fill the demand.  Why?  Well, just think of the financing cost of prepaying all of the materials and shipping.  It is simply not possible to take a company who produces dozens or hundreds of units a month to ramp up and produce tens of thousands of units.  What do you do with that production over-capacity when you meet the demand?  

Minelab told the dealers they would have a pecking order.  That order was based upon deposits on hand.  Some dealers followed the rules and perhaps some did not.  We don't know for sure.

Minelab has put out several new detectors and new detector technologies in the last 5 years.  It seems that they have learned and taken some of our advice and that of their testers and dealers and created what may be the highest selling detector ever.  Good on Minelab for that.  I trusted this early on when I read what Steve had to say and placed an order.

My dealer told me Minelab would respond to him better and send my detector if I reduced it to a deposit.  That has been done and I hope to get my detector next week.  We'll see how good it is in my hands after that.

Bill tells me that they are within a week of a plan they put into effect last fall.  I'm satisfied.

Mitchel

That deposit talk and priority things sound like a lot of hogwash.  No offense.  I don't sell Minelab but zero other manufacturers/distributors work that way.

Now I will say some distributors and manufacturers are better at logistics than others so I can see why some dealers have one message and others have a different message.  

I have no idea how this order stuff works but I will say that I did not have to prepay or put down a deposit...  I just paid today after receiving my tracking number.. It probably helps that I have a good relationship with my dealer and have purchased several detectors from him.  I’m just saying I don’t think a prepayment was required to get in on the first run. I just think you had to order very early and the dealer also had to put an order in quickly too.  I ordered my Equinox very early morning of the day of the announcement.. like 3:40 AM! Ya, I was excited!

Bryan

• Like 2

Guest Tnsharpshooter
8 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I have no idea how this order stuff works but I will say that I did not have to prepay or put down a deposit...  I just paid today after receiving my tracking number.. It probably helps that I have a good relationship with my dealer and have purchased several detectors from him.  I’m just saying I don’t think a prepayment was required to get in on the first run. I just think you had to order very early and the dealer also had to put an order in quickly too.  I ordered my Equinox very early morning of the day of the announcement.. like 3:40 AM! Ya, I was excited!

Bryan

Bingo!! Bryan.

I put my name in hat early on.  Like before the parachute hit the ground. Lol