Cal_Cobra

Makro Multi Kruzer Field Test Finds Big Spanish Silver

Took a field trip to field test the new Makro Multi Kruzer on the Spanish Trail:

I tested the 2-TONE, 3-TONE and 4-TONE search modes exclusively.  Out of these three modes, the 4-TONE is hands down the hottest, with 2-TONE and 3-TONE about tied.   4-TONE is extra sparky, and does it LOVE silver!  

I mentioned this in another post, but I did previously run into EMI issues on a consistent basis at one of these sites when I had my F75 LTD, and even after upgrading to the F75 LTD2, EMI was pretty noticeable, but tolerable. I was running the extra sparky 4-TONE mode on the Multi Kruzer, and it ran flawlessly, not even a hint of EMI (except when you set the machine down to dig). 3-TONE mode handles EMI better then 4-TONE, but 4-TONE is more powerful and hence, more susceptible to EMI.  I had a great time,  and I'm amazed at what was found from our "hunted out" sites.   The Multi Kruzer in 19kHz 4-TONE mode is a confidence builder in that you do not feel you are not leaving targets behind, unlike I've experienced with some other detectors.

Funny story - The site I dug the seated dime you'll see in the video isn't really a big secret, a couple dozen period coins (British gold coin, reales, seateds, IHP's, etc.) have been recovered at it.   It's getting tough, the last time I was there prior to this trip, I didn't get any period coins.  It has sea of nail environs, with myriads of shotgun, riffle and small arms shells to weed through.  Just a few days before I went on my trip, Tom got a call from one of his detecting acquaintances that he saw the site and asked if he knew anything about it. Ended up that he and another guy detected it with a CTX and a Dues XP and got no coins. I went in and hunted right behind them (I could see their dig holes, as unfortunately they didn't even bother to fill them in) and managed to pull out a nice seated dime.  The icing on the cake was that the dime was only a couple of feet from one of their dig holes :rolleyes:

Spanish Trail Multi Kruzer Road Trip Wrap-Up Video

This is the same site I tested the Makro Racer 2 when it was first publicly released:

HH,
Cal

• Like 3

Great stuff Cal. I am sure a lot of us are real glad Nokta / Makro is in the game now. They are setting new standards for customer communications in particular, and come up with new machine in a year or two that takes other companies ten years. Very impressive.

Impressive Cal.  Your videos rank supreme.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the time and effort to make and share this video. This machine has me rethinking my next purchase!

Thanks for sharing.  Wish we had sites like that!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ridge Runner
      I’ve been watching one video after another on the MMK and hearing lots of chatter emitting from it. Well tonight I found a video that a guy covered this problem that shows up when in 4 tones . He showed if you switch to 3 tones the problem goes away but said you lose depth.
      I was thinking about giving the MMK a try but just that alone I say no.
      I would like to hear from people on here that’s been around the block more than one time with it.
      Chuck
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Hello all!
      This is to inform you that we published an update for Kruzer / Multi Kruzer and Gold Kruzer. You can find the updates on the product pages and the links below.

The changes made are as follows:

Kruzer / Multi Kruzer Software Update:
      Download: 20180731_Kruzer_R1_V1.04_V1.07 (System Software V1.04/ LCD Software V1.07)  Download Link

Updates Made :
      * Keylock function has been added for deep underwater use.
      To lock the keys, please follow the instructions below:
      - Press and hold the down button for 3 seconds
      - Press the OPTIONS button once
      - Press the GB button once
      To unlock the keys, repeat the same steps above. 

* While manually Ground Balancing, the GB value showing as "0" in the GB window has been fixed.

Gold Kruzer Software Update:
      Download: 20180731 _Kruzer_Gold_R1_V1.05_V1.08 (System Software V1.05/ LCD Software V1.0) Download Link

Updates Made :
      * Keylock function has been added for deep underwater use.
      To lock the keys, please follow the instructions below:
      - Press and hold the down button for 3 seconds
      - Press the PP button once
      - Press the GB button once
      To unlock the keys, repeat the same steps above.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

• By rod-pa
      Folks.
      I have plenty of hours on MMK now, but have a beach vacation coming up shortly.  For those of you who have put time in on the salt water wet sand and shallow water, can you give settings with experiences?  freq, mode(if not beach) etc.
    • By Noah (FL)
      I’m sure it was location as much as machine, never less the MMK helped shorten the old bucketlist in the last month.  The walker wasn’t very deep but the V nickel was a good 8-9” and still a clean ID of 29-30.  Land or water I am really loving this machine!

• By Steve Herschbach
      Makro has quietly released a third waterproof Kruzer model. First, there was the Makro Multi Kruzer, a selectable frequency detector that lets you choose between 5 kHz, 14 kHz, and 19 kHz for $749 with one coil.
      Next up was the Makro Gold Kruzer, a jewelry and gold nugget running at 61 kHz for $749 with two coils.
      And finally we get the Makro Kruzer, waterproof to 15 feet and running at a dedicated 14 khz, $649 with one coil. Available now at select dealers.
      For a savings of $100 compared to the Multi Kruzer it seems to me most people would spend the extra $100. This looks more like a way to match up closer in price with other 13 - 14 - 15 kHz single frequency detectors on the market. 14 khz has long been a proven frequency for a "do everything" metal detector model. The Makro Kruzer at 14 kHz, waterproof to 15 feet, built in rechargeable LiPo battery, firmware update capability, and included wireless headphones is an excellent all around value. I suspect the Gold Kruzer will be replacing the Makro Gold Racer eventually, and the 14 kHz Kruzer will likely replace the Makro Racer 2.

14 khz Makro Kruzer metal detector waterproof to 15 feet

Makro Kruzer 14 khz specifications
      Official Makro Kruzer Page
      Makro Kruzer Color Brochure
      Makro Kruzer User Manual