• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      without the 80 gram scuff cover and 660 grams with scuff cover. The 11" coil weighs 524 grams with scuff cover. Added weight to front of Equinox 136 grams or 4.86 ounces. Equinox total weight with 15" coil 3.26 lbs.
      The CTX 17” x 13.5” coil weighs 901.5 grams / 31.8 oz with scuff cover.

Minelab Equinox 12" x 15" DD coil

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Put this together this morning for folks.
      Btw hot program used on Deus version 5.2,TX power remained at level 2.
      Equinox using Park 2sensitivity  24.

• By Tnsharpshooter
      These experiments done over medium mineralized soil.

• By Mark Gillespie
      Well I can say for sure the wireless headphones that come with the 800 model are the best I've found so far.  I've been experimenting with different wireless brands of headphones and I've yet to find a single pair that comes close to the performance and minimal lag time compared to the stock phones.  Amazing machine.
      Congrats Minelab.

Minelab Bluetooth / Apt-X Low Latency Wireless Headphones for Equinox 3011-0370
    • By Boogness
      I’m looking for input about these three machines on what you like vs dislike on each of these detectors. 
      Me, personally since I do not own or even seen any of these detectors will even give my own likes vs dislikes.
      GM1000 - I like how it is a very hot machine capable of finding small stuff and how I hear it is a turn on and go detector with only a ferrous/nonferrous indicator. I don’t know how it reacts to hot rocks or if there is away you can avoid them. The best part about these three is I hear it’s the simplest to use(thinking about my dad who is interested but doesn’t have the patience to learn machines if he ever wants to use one of mine)

Equinox - again I like how it is hot on small gold and even more with the new 6” coil. I hear it’s water proof? I don’t know how complicated it can be to learn this machine or if it can read the ground for search a good spot to run a sluice.

Whites 24k - pretty much if it is hot on small gold I like the idea. What I really like about this machine is it’s ability to track black sand for a possible prospect. I like the option to cancel out the iron on both the low reading numbers and the high reading numbers. I’m thinking this might be a little complicated for a newbie with all the functions but I really like the controls the machine has. 

Bottom line is I am trying to decide which new detector I am gonna buy next year and want to hear your likes and dislikes about each of these machines.
      Minelab Gold Monster 1000 Information page
      White's Goldmaster 24K Information page
      Minelab Equinox 800 Information page

Minelab Gold Monster 1000 vs White's Goldmaster 24K vs Minelab Equinox
    • By schoolofhardNox
      Had a day to hit my favorite gold beach, so I took advantage of the day. What looked like some sand had been removed in reality didn't pan out. Still fairly sanded in, and after digging some pull tabs at 10-12 inches, I figured it was going to be a strictly exercise kind of day. Not many coins on this small beach so I was just going to enjoy the day. Got another deep signal that I thought was going to be a crusty zinc penny and after digging 12" I final got it out. Now to use the pin pointer to get my crusty junk money, but instead what appears is a fairly good size man's gold ring. To say I was shocked is an under statement . Made my day and the Equinox was hitting nickels hard, most at 10". Two war nickels, 1935 Buffalo and some earlier Jefferson's ('39, 47 etc.) I mostly use Beach 1, manual ground balance (there is some black sand mixed in) and as high a sensitivity as I can handle.  The only drawback is I can not get myself to stop digging them small targets. I always think I may miss small gold studs, or thin earrings. When you keep digging the extremely small disc that holds the two pieces of a pull tab together, you think you would learn a lesson, but not me.  Even on a fairly sanded in beach the Equinox always seems to give me something good.