Sign in to follow this  
Tnsharpshooter

Folks Desiring Accessories For Equinox

RR,

You do make me jealous with those chiseled features.

I’m still pulling for a 2/22 delivery for you so I can snag that scale, so that’s what I call wishful thinking.

Regardless, hope you are swinging an EQ soonest.

cg

As soon as the accessories were advertised I sent my dealer a pre-order for the items and quantities I wanted. I will deal with the pricing when that is available.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      Every 3rd Friday of the month the metal detecting club I belong to allows us to display our 'finds of the month' as a competition.  The categories are listed on the white board below my display.  This month my display number was 19.  I had an entry for each category this month.  All of the items were found with the 800 using the 11" coil.  (You can see the club info and pictures of past finds here: http://prospectorsclub.org/  )
      I've put in a few hours over the last week because conditions were good.  What I didn't show were the coins that I found which was about $50.  So I dug a lot of holes when you add in the trash!
      About 3 nights ago I went out on a low tide and was not finding much on my first beach.  I was getting ready to go and I found a piece of micro jewelry.  I didn't really want to leave so I began a SLOW grid of the area.  Just about every target started out as a negative number.  I kept gridding and found another micro piece as one of the studs, nothing very exciting but a target.  I locked into the slow pattern at the 'bottom of the hill' which is the end of the steep part of a beach slant.  I ended up with 5-6 small pieces and was satisfied with that.
      Sometimes after I grid I look at the holes I've dug and consider the depth of the targets and extend that line or cross over where I've been before.  One of these times I extended the grid and came back to the pattern and I heard a 17.  Well, the Nox does 13, 20,21,30,31 and 15s quite often so 17 was a digger in all metal.  I took my normal couple of scoops and the target was still there.  This was the deepest target in the grid.  I looked in the scoop after about 9 inches and a 10k 6g ring was shinning at me in the moonlight.  This was a shock.  It was out of place and it didn't sound like that type of target.
      The ring is pretty solid.  I could not tell from the sound.  One of my criticisms of the 800 is that it doesn't make heavier, more massive items louder.  Larger items like aluminium cans detect over a much larger area but I don't get a sense of 'density' from the audio target signal.
      So, I guess the 17 is because the gold has more copper or silver to make it the 10k.  It is a nice class ring.  I'm still trying to find the owner.
      The other items in the picture all have a story too including the two silver dimes and two silver chains.  I'll try to remember them if you ask me.
      Mitchel 

• By Mark T
      I was ground balancing in single frequencies with my Nox 800 the other day and as you would expect the ground balance numbers change depending on the frequncy used so i wonder if we can alter the the 'weighting' of a program by doing a ground balance in the opposite frequency to the 'weighting' preset eg Field 2 is 'weighted' towards the higher frequencies so if we did a ground balance in 5kHz and then switched to multi would the 'weighting' have changed to any degree? would the Field 2 program now favour a wider range of conductors? would doing this offer any benefits ? i dont know but i will be trying to find out this weekend any thoughts on this ?
    • By Nuke em
      Last night after work i went to the beach for 9pm . It was dark and difficult to see much but i could tell that the normal areas i search were to built up to find much so i went East and saw that it was a lot better . though still built up. My Nox was updated last week and i wanted to see what it was like .There was no WIFI or EMI about and the machine was stable .
      I didn't expect much and the Summer crowds have gone , but if the beach had ripped a bit that might produce some older stuff . 
      From the start i started to find coinage and for the entire "almost" 1.5 miles i found coinage till 2am when i finished to get the Bus home .
      There were no rings about as i was on the dry and quite high up the beach , though below high tide mark. None of the targets were very deep , at most 6 inches . But the targets were more stable and clearer . 
      By the time i finished the hunt i had found exactly £72.00p in spendable coinage and a few foreign coins and 7 fishing weights . 
      My next hunt will be Saturday night for high tide till 5am when out .
      I think the Nox is working better but when i put my phone on and searched late in the night i found it still suffers WIFI interference , i turned it off and it cleared . I dont use the boxed headphones but use Gray Ghosts with an adapter plugged into the WM08 .
      The second picture is the coinage straight out of the finds pouch.

• By Luis
      The first tests of the fitting rooms are already being published. I'm looking forward to it going on sale

• By steveg
      Hi all;
      As some of you may know, I've been producing lower rods for the CTX 3030 for about 8 months now, selling them through the forums and my website (www.stevesdetectorrods.com) to a number of satisfied customers. Along the way, I've had several inquiries regarding whether I could build Equinox rods. My answer was always "no," as a major stumbling block was that piece that fits onto the "coil end" of the rod, i.e. the piece to which the coil attaches -- the "yoke," or "clevis," as I call it.
      Well, with requests for me to build Equinox lower rods so frequent that eventually I couldn't ignore it any longer, I set my mind on working on a design for that clevis/yoke piece. Once I came up with a working design idea, I submitted engineering drawings of my design to the machining/fabrication company that supplies my CTX rod parts, and asked if they could build me a prototype. Meanwhile, I ordered a carbon-fiber tube from my tube supplier, in the precise diameter to fit inside the Minelab Equinox middle rod, and also some washers specific to my yoke/clevis design. The tube and washers arrived recently, and just today, the yoke/clevis was delivered. I'm pleased to say that it turned out perfectly! All the dimensions are correct/exacting, and I "test fit" the parts with success -- please see the pictures below. The only parts I'm still waiting on are the push-button "spring clip" for the upper end of the rod, and a specialized drill bit for drilling the hole for the spring clip. Those will be here soon -- and at that point my "proof-of-concept" prototype rod will be ready for me to use!
      MEANWHILE, given the successful prototype, I am ordering parts tomorrow to make a first batch of 20 Equinox lower rods. As I said above, these rods are designed to fit seamlessly into the Minelab EQX middle rod -- exactly as the Minelab stock lower rod does. I plan to build them the same length as the Minelab lower rod as "standard practice," but can also build them to whatever length desired. I expect to have the first batch of rods available for sale in roughly 4 weeks. Tentatively, I expect pricing to be roughly $60 plus shipping -- but will know for sure once I place that first "bulk" order of carbon fiber tubes and yoke/clevis pieces.
      If you have any interest one of these lower rods, please let me know, and I'll be sure to have one available for you.
      THANKS!
      Steve

• By Bhogg
      Hi Everyone 
      Just wondering how many people on here have reverted back to the original version 1.5 ??.
      I’ve seen and heard that a lot of Equinox users have reverted back due to not being happy with the new update that’s just come out!.
      So just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are about the update??
      Cheers