Equinox 800 At My House!!!

Tometusns

I was pretty proud of noxy today. The second wheatie I found had a square nail in the hole with it(it actually came out first) one of my buddies was with me when I dug it and said" oh, it was just a square nail" I said no that nail didn't make that sound and a little further down out comes a nice green 1920 wheatie. The merc was what I was most proud of. I had just said I'm going to be happy if this is what I hope it is. There was iron around it and I couldn't get a solid signal but it sure acted like a good target and there were some 28's popping in consistently. I got the plug out and could see the silver edge. The dime was standing on edge straight up and down. It was only about 5" down but I was sure proud of my noxy for finding it. Pk1 mode. 

20180309_164836.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Nice finds.

Noxy is working for you.

Thanks! She sure is!! I've had her one month today and it just keeps getting better. Finding coins/ relics hiding is probably my most favorite thing to do. Anyone can find the easy ones. Noxy has proven that she can getter done!!! 

• Like 1

Got to get out today and hit a couple yards. The shield nickel came from a "hunted out" park. I've been hunting in pk1 for about the last month. I've got two more wheaties form a hunted out ball park. The last one was on edge at 5". I only got numbers part time but they were the right ones and the sound was soft but very repeatable. For what ever reason it didn't hit at all in pk2. and repeatable only in one spot in pk1. I was a little off on my plug and when I put the pin pointer in the hole I located the wheatie. I first thought I pushed it straight up and down until I removed it and saw the nice halo behind it. I do sometimes play with segment volumes and do disc out certain things at times. I also have played with the tone break settings. But for the most part its just the stock setting in pk1. I love it!! 

20180316_205703.jpg

20180316_205753.jpg

20180316_205821.jpg

20180316_205833.jpg

20180316_205923.jpg

20180316_205940.jpg

20180316_215210.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, I got two jefferson, a buffalo,"v", and shield nickel today. If only I could have squeaked a war nickel in there it would have been a clean sweep!

21 minutes ago, Tometusns said:

Oh, I got two jefferson, a buffalo,"v", and shield nickel today. If only I could have squeaked a war nickel in there it would have been a clean sweep!

How did those nickels hit Tom? And at what depth?   Pretty nice haul today.. nice hunt!! Tim. 

31 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

How did those nickels hit Tom? And at what depth?   Pretty nice haul today.. nice hunt!! Tim. 

It seems the older or perhaps worn nickels hit a little lower. I've dug nickels from 10's popping in a little with 11's&12's. 12,13 alternating  with your wiggles is a good sign. Solid 13 good but also 1/2 tab number. 12's,13's with a 14 popping in.. bad sign. War nickels hit 13&14...But some will hit higher from what I've read. I've only found 2 our 3 with noxy. If I remember right the 13, 14 with mostly  14's was a good sign on them. The deepest was the shield I got today ... Solid 6"... doubt it was really any deeper. It had a10 pop in a little. Oh, forgot there was an iron grunt with the signal. I dig one of those little nuts that are like pressed into shape and thread onto a screw like bolt.  The 10 may have left after I got it out of the way... sorry I don't remember but know the nickel signal cleared up and my first shield nickel showed up.   From 10 to 13 I'm gonna dig it thinking it Could be a nickel. Hope that helps some. Good luck and HH!! Tom

Thanks!  Yes, that helps a lot.  I have been seeing a few Jeffersons drop down to 11 on occasion, depending on the soil.  Haven't dug anything older yet (Buff or V or Shield), but was wondering if they might get down to 10... sounds like they could.  Good info!  

• Thanks 1

Great finds, Tom!

Did you discern a date on that Shield Nickel?  I can see from your pics that it has the rays on the reverse.  Only 1866 and some of 1867 (the first two years -- actually the first two years the US produced nickel 5 cent pieces) had rays, so it's one of those.  Unfortunately, like my only Shield find, a century or more in the ground has not been kind to it. :sad:  Still an excellent find, though.

Park 1 has the lowest default recovery speed (5) on the Eqx800 of all the 8 factory preset modes.  I can see from your results that even that is pulling treasure out of iron trash.  I continue to be encouraged since iron trash is the biggest nemesis of my sites.

• Thanks 1