Pin Pointers Which One???

Mild soil here and I've had good luck with the carrot;  use it on vibrate only and set on highest sensitivity (3).   Detune as necessary to locate target in the hole.   Use your digging tool to excavate and the pointer to locate and it will last a long time.

My vote is for XP Deus MI-6 - stout easy to operate recharchable , pouch fits on a shoulder down strap and holds perfectly!! and easy in and out of pointer also  nicely balanced , 7 settings easypeasy! Subdued "Enzo Red is Ez on the eyes too!  Should be a no-brainer if you own an XP?:cool: ig

As above, the XP MI-6 paired with Deus.  Great for silent running in areas where you don't want to be noticed, excellent battery life, lithium rechargeable battery, and fully replaceable parts give it some sort of longevity where most others are throw away when cactus.

Backup is the Garrett Carrot, had zero issues with that since it was first released.

Have a Deteknix PI pinpointer for areas with abonormal amounts of mineralisation which cause others to false.

My TRX and Minelab Pro-find don't see much use these days due to various shortcomings. 

I use the garrett carrot and like it a lot and would recommend it fully.  I recently purchased a second pointer to go snorkeling with and for something for my son to use since we have two minelabs now!  It is called the land or sea pinpointer.  I have only taken it on one hunt, but it works in a similar fashion to the carrot and it is a PI pointer.  It did really well on the small targets that the equinox is finding.  One feature that I didn't think I would use until I started using it, is a small red LED on the side that pulses when you are close to a target.  This was nice for when I had the headphones in and I could not hear or feel the small blip when I would get near a target.  I would see a little flash of red and I knew that was where I needed to go deeper with the digger.  I think it will be a welcomed addition and cant wait to go see what I can find under the floating platforms out at the lake with it!  I got mine from Keith at Ft. Bedford Detectors and it was priced a good bit below the Garrett counterparts.