ATX Shaft Setup For Other Coils

Guest Paul (Ca)

Guest Paul (Ca)
PM coils is coming out with ATX coils in the near future,  Currently they're working on getting connectors and from my understanding this may be the holdup.  Asked what the status is with DD coils and they said maybe in the future but for now PM coils will focus on mono coils since these are the most popular.

Recently, Swapped out my Infinium DD coil from the Recon/ATX shaft and remounted the coil onto a different setup.  This setup was to give me an idea what type of setup will work best with a future PM coil,  Weight wise it's about the same as the stock ATX shaft maybe a little lighter but this setup is very encouraging knowing it will work well with the ATX when experimenting with other coils.

Both lower and middle shaft are from a Minelab, As far as cable movement it has very little after going back with the straight cable because these shafts are not big enough to use an expandable coiled type cable.  The shaft does have some movement if I want to extend or shorten the shaft, Not much thought but enough to adjust for about any person.

Will post a pic in the future of a PM coil using this same type of setup, Each coil will have their own lower/middle shaft that locks into the ATX.

Paul (Ca)

2yxlzx0.jpg

4hqdub.jpg

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks Steve and Ray,

It will be interesting to see what PM coils has to offer ATX users when they roll out the coils,  Hope to see a smaller DD coil in the future not quite as large as the stock ATX DD coil yet larger than the 5" X 10" Infinium DD coil. This is much needed for discrimination purposes,  Really like the stock ATX DD coil for both sensitivity and depth but it's too heavy, The smaller Infinium 5" X 10" DD coil is great and can swing all day but lacks depth and not quite as sensitive as the Stock DD.

As lease have a shaft setup ready for when PM comes out with ATX coils,  Can hardly wait to see what they have to offer.

Thanks again,

Pau