Deteknix Xpointer Pinpointer

Shelton

I have one and have been using it for about a month now. I have not used it near a PI detector but have used it with my Deus and CTX. They do react to it more so then the Garret pro pointer which I have two of. The reason I bought the X pointer was two fold. Number one the garret false's too much for my liking when pressed to the ground and since I have a heavy hand it happens a lot. Number two I have had problems with my both my Garret pro pointers. The push buttons on them seem to be the weak link in that sometimes they don't want to turn on or off when pressed. I will go out on a limb here and say that that the X pointer seems to be better built then the Garret. The Garrets are my back up now. 

strick

• Like 1

The consensus is good pinpointer for $90 but you can follow the links above yourselves. PI? Pretty doubtful according to the smart folks at GeoTech based on how it performs but it could just be a bad PI design. Good for a VLF though.

Guess I need to fix the cable on the probe for my DetectorPro Pocket Probe. Still the best probe I ever owned, just not as handy as the new units.

So I have been using the x pointer for a few weeks. I thought I was having battery problems till I figured it out. I already knew that if I had the ctx 3030 was too close to the x pointer  I would hear chatter on the ctx but it took me some time to figure out why I would get 4 beeps out of the x pointer when I turned it on. Turns out that if I turn on the X pointer too close to the CTX it beeps 4 times and will false on the soil to the point that it is useless. Move the CTX over to my right and turn on the X pointer in my left hand extended out to my left side and everything is OK. I really like that I can press the x pointer into the dirt as hard as I want and it does not false but it is a little annoying that it does not play well with my CTX and Deus. Going back to the Garret for a few hunts...

strick

I would still like to know, the smallest piece of nugget the x-pointer will detect?

This was the biggest nugget I had and it would not detect it.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/534-pinpointers-and-gold-nuggets/

Ivan

I can't to find one video with nice review X-pointer vs Garrett and battery drain test and some measured values by multimeter was terrible... if you compare to Garrett. 

• 1 month later...

I am seeing the Deteknix Xpointer advertised in dealer websites as a pulse induction unit. The manufacturer website does not say pulse induction anywhere so far as I have been able to discover. These are the most reliable specs I have located so far http://www.mundodetector.com/manuales/detector-de-mano-xpointer.pdf It is a company brochure and no claim is made of it being pulse induction. If it was it would be an important thing to mention.

Operating Temperatures -35 F (-37 C) to 158 F (7o C) Length 9" Weight 240g without battery Thickness 3.8cm (Max) Water and Dust Probe is waterproof. Do not submerge whole unit into water Operating Frequency 95 kHz Tuning Automatic Indicators Audio / Vibration / Audio+Vibration LED Beam Lights Variable Alarm: Audio and vibration will be intense when probe close to the object. Controls Power switch (On / Off) Mode button (Change alarm modes) LED flashlight (Once power on) Battery Use one 9 Volt battery.

The unit is also being advertised as waterproof. The brochure says the probe is waterproof and by that they mean the tip up to the speaker. They state that you need to cover the speaker when washing the detector. This is not a submersible pinpointer. Water resistant, not waterproof.

I am making inquiries as I have concerns about advertising claims being made for this pinpointer. It may be a good unit but if it is not a pulse induction unit we have an issue.

attachicon.gifdeteknix-xpointer-brochure-page-1.jpg

attachicon.gifdeteknix-xpointer-brochure-page-2.jpg

Steve I bought one XPointer and I received today, Is definitly more sensitive than the Garret Pro Pointer, on the box and on the instructions in side the box is written Pulse Technology.

Works very well and I am very happy.

I tried with a 4.6 gr. Nugget burried at 1,5" and the signal was very loud, the Pro Point at less than 1".

Cheers

I dont think it can be used around PI detectors. I'm still using it with my ctx. I don't use the garrets much anymore. If there is lots of chatter due to the x pointer then you can do a frequency scan on the ctx.

strick

That Brochure Steve shared shows 95 kHz operating frequency. i'm not an expert, but i'm putting 1 and 1 together. On all company websites/pamphlets, in the "specifications" tab, under "Frequency" they say their PI machines use "Pulse Induction". For VLF detectors, there is a frequency # kHz, right?
So i'd guess that since the brochure that Steve originally posted say this Xpointer runs at 95kHz, i'm concluding and concurring that it's a VLF not PI?