Moving To Florida

I hunt the Atlantic beaches. Best plan if you want to hunt without wading is to go an hour or two before low tide, hunt in a "w" pattern, with the bottom of the w being the water line, and the top of the w being the high tide line ( or beyond). After you have recovered 10 - 20 targets look back down the beach in the direction you have already hunted. You will see that there are one or more lines parallel to the water where you have recovered targets. Detect those lines to maximize your target recovery. Florida beaches are hit hard but most people that I have observed are pretty lax in their coil sweeps - no overlap, so there is usually stuff to be found. I suspect the best stuff to be found is in the water but it is tough going on the Atlantic side. You will have to arrive early on a late spring or summer day to have calm conditions. Prepare to have quite a workout if you arrive later than about noon. Gulf side does not have the wave action but I believe the water hunting is far more competitive. 

• Like 1

Flbchbm--Thanks for the information and taking the time to post it. I will have to try the "W" pattern and see how that works. I'll be on the Gulf side, so the waves should not be too bad. Only about a month until the move, and then the learning begins!