Big Win For Southern California Miners!!

I have a possible reason for these obscure land locks. 

Has anyone ever heard of satellite GPR? I remember a company that went public with the technology bout 10 yrs or so ago. At that time if I remember correctly. It was capable of penetrating the ground to 180 meters.

I had come across an archeological research page. An anthropologist was using the tech to find lost cities in Egypt. She most certainly found more than she expected. It seems we’ve been around a lot longer than anyone expected. Even more discovered across Europe. 

Anyway, the tech was/is also used in the big mining industry. For a large fee of course. I remember they used the technology to scan suspected rich areas. And made claims with it. I believe we can still view all the public scans. If I can find that darn site again. Also when the military was looking for osamahasbeen in Afghanistan with their satellite .They discovered great rich deposits . Many select companies jumped in on that.

Well obviously what I’m trying to get to is. There’s a very high probability this technology has revealed New undiscovered rich deposits in the lands obumma  attempted to lock up across the country. 

Now I really want to find that site again and look up those locations. Though I’m certainly not ready to dig that deep.

Was just a thought.

Terry

On 2/12/2018 at 8:49 PM, Randy Lunn said:

This is great news. Thanks Clay Diggins! Hopefully we can get back to the East Fork of the San Gabriel River area.

HOORAY! GREAT NEWS for ALL!   Here are a few pictures from jan,8 2018.   of the desert's beauty, taken while walking in it near the Angeles Forest Hwy between Glendale and Palmdale, Ca....I was walking and admiring the beauty and Amazed how the desert restored itself after the Huge Fire that burned everything years earlier. I left shaking my head that what I had just done was "against the law" and "how could they lock YOU out" of this great scenery!  Cheers, Ig

AF3.thumb.jpg.207f3a1c1d293c60e547bb922f95c604.jpg

AF2.jpg

• Like 3

Who was in charge of policing this ban, the USFS?  Did they actually try to police such a big area from hiking, or was it prospecting they wanted to stop?

Oops, I see it says mining.

So, they include what exactly as mining?  Metal detecting?  panning? sluicing?  dry washing?  Where did they try to draw the line?

The ban was only on locating mining claims. Mining sales and leases were still allowed. Prospecting was still allowed. Mining of non locatable minerals was still allowed.

The BLM enforced the ban by refusing to maintain a mining claim case file for a new location. No BLM case file = no mining claim.

The line was drawn at locating a mining claim. You could prospect for and discover valuable minerals but you couldn't claim those minerals for yourself.

If you discovered oil, coal, sulfur, phosphorous or a bunch of other non locatable minerals you could lease the discovery and mine it. If you needed sand or construction materials you could buy those and mine them. Only the valuable minerals like gold, silver, copper, lead, tin etc. were banned from location.

Neither hiking nor anything else was banned.