Beach Finds 14-02-18 Gold /silver+lots More Coinage

Last night after finishing work at 5pm i got home had a shower and dinner and had a kip for a couple of hours . At 10pm i woke up and got my Explorer 11 and took my Car to the beach , i can park during the night free so the Bus wasn't necessary this time. The tide was in and i just waited for a while till around 12 midnight then walked to the first beach . It looked built up and i was wondering about giving up but i knew that further West it might not be like that so i kept searching . Eventually i found a target and it turned out to be a Silver bracelet after that there was almost nothing for quite a while. I walked on and found hotspots and the coinage started coming in . at around 1.30am i turned round and walked over my tracks and then suddenly i heard a low tone and thought 20p coin so dug and in the torchlight i saw a glint of yellow , i had my spyglass with me and it is a 9k 2.7g Gold ring and had D in the Cartouche with 375 next to it , there are stones but they are small.

I walked on and found more coinage then at the end of my search i found a mobile phone that was smashed , it had a plastic cover on and inside the cover there was a £10 note so that was rescued and then i threw the phone away . It was well beyond its best .

At about 2.30am i stopped searching and got the car and headed home .

My total for this search was 1 Gold ring , 1 Silver bracelet , a 20 Euro Cent and £43.71p in spendable coinage .

My next hunt is on Sunday probably .

11) £43.71p + 2.7g 9k GOLD RING FOUND 14-02-18 E. 11.JPG

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I envy metal detectorists in England, having such a history and large population in a small area and such a history of human population can create wonderful finds, you had a great night! very impressive! Thanks for the post.

The downside to being in the youngest country I guess is we don't have that history.

You do however have some very good gold.....

I would love to do some beach mining there.

• Like 1