What Are The Best Rechargeable Batteries?

I have never used many rechargeable batteries before,just wondering what you guys think may be the best and longest lasting of the many brands? I will mainly be charging C batteries for sdc 2300,and also some 9 volts for gold bug. I lost track of the thread that had some of this info. About recharging, and solar chargers. Thanks guys Rick

I have been happy with my Tenergy batteries but I sm not saying they are the best or anything like that. The thread you are looking for on SDC 2300 batteries and charging is at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/272-minelab-sdc-2300-field-recharging-of-c-cell-batteries/

I have not changed my mind on anything I posted there.

Thanks Steve, i will check it out. By the way played with sdc in water 2 hours the other dayto get some time on it found a few coins sinkers swivels and 1 ring nothing fancy.

Thanks for the info.guys,just wanted to say i ended up getting another charger alsofor SDC 2300 vanson (tenergy)combo v1199-8c universal charger &8c cell tenergy batteries 5000 MAH for $36.95. I thought this was pretty good deal batteries alone are at the least $32.00. Also the car adapter for original HC1HU charger that came with SDC.this adapter may fit the V1199 also, forgot to check on that $4.12 plus a little shipping. Anyway thanks for the info. RICK

The higher rated batteries last longer. There is no performance gain. I usually buy the highest rated maH battery available at the time of purchase but it does appear rating standards are low and policing nil so I would be careful. I think it is probably best to stick with better known brands or at least those with a ton of positive online ratings

• Like 1

In general, the higher the amount of charge stored in the battery (mAh), the longer the battery should last when supplying the same current. But it's not quite so linear and the temperature, condition or type of battery and the drain on them can affect performance. Higher charge batteries will probably take longer to recharge also, so it's kind of swings and roundabouts. I have 5000mAh Tenergy C cells in my SDC2300 and they seem pretty good. Some rechargeable batteries retain the charge longer when not in use, so are a better bet, but they cost more.

I have been using the high capacity Eneloops.  I think they are around 2550 mah.  I have had them for maybe a year, no issues and they seem to last very well.

I use AA Eneloops and I think Eneloops are the best quality batteries out there but I couldn't find any C cell Eneloops.  Do you know if they make them?  I bought some AA Tenergy batteries and the OD was too large to fit in my Made in USA  Mini Mag Light AA flashlight (which pissed me off)  although they seem to work OK in detectors and other devices where the size requirement isn't important.