Tone Volume And Pitch Adjustments

Cabin Fever

I’m fiddling with my new Equinox and can’t seem to be able to adjust the region 1 iron zone volume while in 50 Tones. Works great on 5 Tone. I feel like I’m missing something here but can’t seem to figure it out.  I also can’t adjust the pitch for that region.. Iron is a little higher pitch then I like while in 50 Tone.  Again when in 5 tone everything is great.   Shout out to the build quality and design of the Equinox while I’m here. Better then I anticipated.. Really a nice detector!  Too bad it showed up with a fresh 6” of snow!!!

Bryan

50 tones is a little different because you also can set a tone pitch gap setting in 50 tones so that the lowest non-ferrous tone is much higher than the highest ferrous tone so you can more easily distinguish between a low conductive non-ferrous target and a ferrous target (whose actual visual target ID's may be close).  That tone gap setting makes the tone pitch and breakpoint adjustments a little different for 50 tones (p. 48 of the posted online manual).  HTH.

Ya I maxed my gap and thought that might be the reason why I was having trouble.. I brought it back down and still did not fix my problem.  I’m going to try again here shortly to see what I can do.  I’m probably missing something right in front of me. 

Guest Tnsharpshooter
1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

I’m fiddling with my new Equinox and can’t seem to be able to adjust the region 1 iron zone volume while in 50 Tones. Works great on 5 Tone. I feel like I’m missing something here but can’t seem to figure it out.  I also can’t adjust the pitch for that region.. Iron is a little higher pitch then I like while in 50 Tone.  Again when in 5 tone everything is great.   Shout out to the build quality and design of the Equinox while I’m here. Better then I anticipated.. Really a nice detector!  Too bad it showed up with a fresh 6” of snow!!!

Bryan

Hi Bryan.

go to page 47.

Scroll over to the bell with 2 musical notes, select 50 tones, then hold  setting button down until  line comes under the bell with 2 musical notes.  You should see t1 in your screen with iron region flashing.  Using plus or minis keys will adjust tone pitch.  Hit the accept or reject button this will take you to nonferrous range, if you hit accept reject again it will take you back to ferrous region.

cheers.

Figured it out!  Had my Tone Break so low at -9 that it basically eliminated the region to adjustment.  Brought it up to O and now I’m good!  

Bryan

• Like 4

Wow, that made my morning! I read you post last thing before turning in last night and was considering how to explain the 50 mode thing and trying to figure out exactly what was going on with your adjustment. Most detector’s are easy because the tones are factory preset to match the target id numbers and there is no adjustment. The X-Terra 705 for instance - just choose multi tones and you are done.

Minelab has added the ability to adjust the multitone setting in a unique fashion and I admit to have not using the adjustment myself but once so far. I usually just pick 50 tones and go on my merry way. I need to play with it more to gain a better understanding of the adjustment myself.

Long story short there are many times the discrimination settings can trip a person up when adjusting tones because target id segments are blocked and cannot be heard. It is good to develop a habit of clearing all blocked target id numbers (All Metal “Horseshoe” button) before making tone setting adjustments.

45C9D5E5-8161-45DD-94F7-B435B70FB54B.jpeg85A08B4E-E972-4728-A732-E7E0161B556B.jpeg

• Like 3