Another Equinox VDI Chart...

steveg

I rearranged the chart and used the same values. I laminated it and put it in my finds pouch. I found the numbers to be mostly correct in my front yard. I can’t exactly remember which were off for me but they were all within 1. No silver yet to report on. I’ve pulled one 1914 dime out of my yard in the past but none yesterday.

It was nice to check the sheet and guess what I would pull out of the ground. I need more time but in 45 minutes I pulled 3 quarters, 2 dimes, 1 nickel, 3 Lincoln Cu, 3 Lincoln Zn, 1 oval-smooth glass “stone” set like a jewel and a smooth rusted chunk of iron at 11” that rang a solid 26 from all angles. I have been over my small front yard more times than I can count and the clad I found has been there a while—pretty impressive I ran Park 1 and Park 2 factory settings + noise cancel. Park 2 was really chatty, it took a while to get used to all the noise.

My rearranged chart:

eqx vdi.xlsx

• Like 1

NICE chart, dca2!  Thanks for sharing!

Steve

OK, a follow-up video, this time the same testing, but also including running the ring in Park 1 with NO discrimination.  This reveals that the ring is being seen, when on-edge, largely as "iron" by the machine.  

I also ran the on-edge ring in Park 2 mode, with only marginally better results.

Interesting how the machine deals with this target.

For what it's worth -- while I will not include the link here, I also ran the same ring in the same hole using the CTX 3030.  That video is also up on my channel, if interested.

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's a revised Excel spreadsheet showing the VDI chart -- this one including additional coins/jewelry (THANKS, SteveJJ!)

Steve

EquinoxVDIver2.xlsx

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

unox -- you are quite welcome.

MILK!  How are you, ol' buddy?  Haven't talked to you in ages!  I was going to say "didn't know you were a member here," but I see that you HAVEN'T been, until now!  Welcome!

Oh -- and by the way, the Equinox is "for real."  Excellent machine!

You should come join us at the "re-opened" OKMDCLUB forum, too...  ;)

Steve

Steve I just joined this weekend.  I had been running the ETRAC for a few years and now wife approved the purchase of the nox so now I am really pumped to get thing up and running.  I have a campout this weekend but it is a ranch so I am going to take it for a spin.  They used to do a lot of hayrides back when I was younger.

Sounds great, Milk!  You'll enjoy it; it's a great complementary machine to FBS, in my opinion...

Keep me posted!
Steve

• 4 years later...