Second Time Out With The 600

Mike Buck

Well I was able to search my yard for a few hours today and really give it a good go today to see what my older machines were missing. I was VERY impressed with how the 600 performed in a yard that I have pounded many times. 

I started off with a very small flat button about 8 inches deep. Was a great signal and registered 14-15. I ended up getting 4 wheats in places I KNOW I have been over numerous times with my other detectors, some were deep and some were right next to trash but the recovery speed directly helped me get one of these between two pieces of iron. 

I was pulling out some very deep signals. And was very impressed.  

I was in Park 1 mode in 5 tone in multi. I'm finding out my yard is either much more trashy than I originally thought or the equinox is a little noisy. I'm assuming it's the trash. I had to turn the sensitivity down to about 17 to keep it somewhat stable.  It still rang loud and clear for those great signals though! Need to try and mess with the settings some. 

It honestly feels like I'm searching a brand new yard with all the signals that opened up. I'll have a lot more exploring to do and hopefully I can squeak out some silver soon! 

So far so good though!

Thanks guys!

20180216_183206.jpg

20180216_183221.jpg

20180216_183232.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update Mike!  So on the wheats next to trash... what kind of sound profile were you getting.  An evident high tone next to a low tone?  Easy to lock in on the high tone?

Good info, Mike.  I appreciate your test and report.  Did you by chance try Park 2 and both Field modes?

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

Thanks for the update Mike!  So on the wheats next to trash... what kind of sound profile were you getting.  An evident high tone next to a low tone?  Easy to lock in on the high tone?

I was getting a lower tone right next to the wheat and there were a bunch of scratchy tones near it.... the wheat was just a little squeak in the mess of junk.... I think the only reason I pulled it was because of the recovery speed.  It was the most interesting target I had all day and gave me an idea of how this thing can separate targets and pull them out of the junk. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TedinVT said:

Good info, Mike.  I appreciate your test and report.  Did you by chance try Park 2 and both Field modes?

Thanks Ted.  Not yet, I just went with the Park 1 today to get used to it first... after I get a little more comfortable I will be changing modes.  Hopefully I can get to a field soon and try out the field mode. 

• Like 1