SDC 2300 Threshold

strick

Hahahaaha... detectorists ARE crazy Steve.....

To prove my point i stay locked in a psych ward 12 hrs a day,,,,, :blink:

I know I can turn it down, but I have that nagging feeling that I am going to miss a target..... So guess what--i get toasted and quit earlier---- (that makes sense , huh)

When I get on a good patch and hit some good nugs with the gain down I am sure my confidence in running with a lower gain will grow....

Its all about time on the ground and I will admit I havent had enough to get my confidence going good yet...... When I do everything will be fine---

paul

Paul, slow down and take some time to test different gain levels on faint in-situ targets. This may provide you with the answers you seek and make your detecting time more pleasurable.

I somehow angered a friend of mine while we were out detecting so he made me use his 2300 for punishment. The warbley threshold was not a problem at all as the target signal breaks through quit distinctly. When I have a bit more time I'll give my 2 cents worth. The damned thing does find gold.

The SDC 2300, isn't for everyone! Gain at 5 and Threshold at 3 my knobs are superglued to insure my confidence level is at max like my machine. Yes, you have to listen through the warble and I've tested all the gain settings and thresholds. These setting above have giving me the best results. Unlike the Big Brother GPX models that run as smooth as glass...this machine finds the stealth nuggets for those that can stand the warble.

LuckyLundy

I run my threshold for the SDC up on 4, it smooths things out a lot, I then use the volume control of the B&Z with dual speakers so the threshold does not get too "in your face".

The Sensitivity control on the SDC does a number of things all at once, it raises or lowers the Gain, raises or lowers the Target Volume and also increases or decreases the Stabilizer depending on which setting is chosen. 

I like the threshold of the SDC, yes its talkative on higher settings but the information coming out is consistent so makes it easier to listen for faint target variations.

Hope this helps

JP

To make my 2300 quieter while hunting...I set the threshold on its lowest setting or on 1. I still seem to get good signals on everything, but it doesnt drive me crazy like this. Also to help, when I can I, use the external speaker and run the threshold higher. Its the headphones and the noise that gets to you quicker. I can take the noise all day with the external speaker. 

• Like 1

I haven't even turned mine on yet. I am out of state, so I will check it out when I get back. I wouldn't know the difference but my GP seems to warble but as others have said I just made sure the target would repeat itself before digging. I am going to try the SDC out this spring but It sounds like I may have to get a booster later on.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently went with the sdc2300 to one of my old dredging locations. Found many OZ's of small gold here. Mostly small pickers. So I know there is gold there. The bedrock is granite. But most of the cobble and larger gravel are from another source.

I knew the cobble rocks were hot. From trying with some other vlf's. But I would give the sdc 2300 a try.

I set the gain on 2. Low threshold. Ground balanced. Went about 2 feet,hit a hot rock, tried to gb on it.

well it would not tune out. Walked another foot , boom another one. And so more and more.

So I turned it down to 1. Hot rocks would not go away. Went to the salt setting. Still there.

I had no issue running on the granite bedrock. But could not find a area that was not to big without any hot rocks.

I think the hot cobbeled rocks are volcanic in nature. About 20 miles north it is all lava capped for about 100 miles to the north.

I thought the sdc 2300 would be able to handle the mineralization. I was surprised it did'nt.