Ground Balance My Vaquero

Very excited about the equinox, ive been really interested in the ctx or etrac but just couldnt pull the trigger on that price point, now it looks by all the fomments and reviews i have an option at 899 to run with the big dogs possibly, think im gonna let the dust settle then score me an equinox. 

I have the UK version of a Vaquero called the Laser Trident 11 Extreme,its basically a Vaq but running on steroids,its produced from new by the UK service and repair agent,one of the advantages with one of the modifications is the ability of not only having the manual GB facility but also having it in fixed GB mode as well.Almost alkl the time i run mine in fixed GB mode,as our ground on my permissions is pretty mild then its perfectly all right in doing so.

Of course if i am on bad ground or require a change over to another coil then the manual GB option is the best way forward,although i have had the machine about a couple of years i guess i rarely use it as i use the Deus more,but its nice and very light and if i just want say a few hours detecting i then can get a tremendous amount of enjoyment by using a decent switch on and go machine,with the 11x8 coil on it and running @18.5khz then its pretty deadly on small hammered coins.

• 5 months later...

I am somewhat the same with my modified Cibola (I put in a 10-turn pot. for ground balance, so it's essentially a Vaquero).  I mainly use the Etrac and Equinox 600, but sometimes get out the Cibola.  It's light, and easy on the eyes and ears, and is a reasonably fast and deep machine. I also have a Tejon but generally prefer the Cibola. Even with all the advances in digital technology, there's still something to be said for the analog Tesoros.