Cabelas Has Equinox In Stock Sold Out

Thegoldenone

On your verification email, there is a link where you can "Track Your Order". I tried it and it led me to a page where you enter your order number, name and zip code. It just led me back to my order history page.

Email.jpg

I pulled the trigger on an EQ800 yesterday AM when they showed up, and the status now shows as shipped. 

Not sure how much time I'll have to play around with it for a while BUT the nice thing is Cabela's has a 90 day return policy (even includes a postpaid return shipping label) so you get 90 days to bond with it.    AFAIK that's something no dealer on the planet offers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Not sure how much time I'll have to play around with it for a while BUT the nice thing is Cabela's has a 90 day return policy (even includes a postpaid return shipping label) so you get 90 days to bond with it.    AFAIK that's something no dealer on the planet offers.

That just gave me a great idea!

Thanks!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

I think that's what we all have!

No backorder list this is exactly the same as Cabelas did last time when they ran out it was off the website and everybody that ordered started receiving them shortly after

In my experience, yer 100% on the money! So... The key to running a successful drop ship internet business is to first have relationships with manufactures that can provide precise inventory allocations in real time. Second is to have back end scripts written on your website that will provide some sort of identification of quantity, or at the very least an "In Stock" / "Out of Stock" the very second it is really "Out of Stock". The latter is more typical, because its in poor business taste to make available quantities known to the public.

All evidence shows that Cabela's has this relationship with Minelab, and such a website. Ergo, if they took your order, charged your card, and gave you an order #, you made it, and you WILL get it soon. The only people that may have some difficulty are those that were in the middle of ordering the exact moment stock ran out. Even in that case, they should have received some sort of, "Sorry this item is currently out of stock" once they hit the final "Complete Transaction" button.

4 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

That just gave me a great idea!

Thanks!

Wondering if you had the same idea I did....I still plan to honor my dealer order....and someone will likely get a great deal on a "slightly used" EQ800 in the "Bargain Cave"....just sayin'......shame that ML takes care of their regular dealers the way we've observed, not to mention those of us that had pre-orders in with our dealers since September.

I have no doubt Minelab has a binding contract that was signed with Cabelas long ago before there was any thought of the Equinox release and what might happen in a shortage. The deal probably gives Cabelas access to a certain number of detector’s based on some formula. Whatever the deal was nobody was complaining about it last year ordering any other Minelab models from Cabelas. Then along comes an unanticipated situation and boom, we have an issue. The assumption always is evil intent or maybe at best benign negligence but the real story is usually far more boring.

I remember some powers that were at White’s years ago lamenting a deal that was cut with Kellyco ages ago that was later felt to undercut the main dealer base. Some crazy maneuvering went on over that but I won’t go into details lest I get somebody in hot water. Suffice it to say things are not always what they appear to be.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I have no doubt Minelab has a binding contract that was signed with Cabelas long ago before there was any thought of the Equinox release and what might happen in a shortage. The deal probably gives Cabelas access to a certain number of detector’s based on some formula. Whatever the deal was nobody was complaining about it last year ordering any other Minelab models from Cabelas. Then along comes an unanticipated situation and boom, we have an issue. The assumption always is evil intent or maybe at best benign negligence but the real story is usually far more boring.

I remember some powers that were at White’s years ago lamenting a deal that was cut with Kellyco ages ago that was later felt to undercut the main dealer base. Some crazy maneuvering went on over that but I won’t go into details lest I get somebody in hot water. Suffice it to say things are not always what they appear to be.

That makes sense Steve.  I never thought it was anything cynical, but it certainly created an interesting situation, and for those that pre-ordered in September,  cast a shadow of doubt on ML, but I suspect you're right, it's likely a benign contractual obligation. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked