When Will I Get My Nox? Long Answer And Short One Too

MontAmmie

On 2/22/2018 at 6:42 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

I want to clear some of this up.  Cabelas DID NOT get a bunch of machines.  In fact they were issued a vary small amount,  just like many of us dealers.  I assure you, nobody has received a detector from them yet, but I and many other dealers have put NOX in the hands of our early customers.  We all received detectors and most of us chose to deal with our loyal customers.  Cabelas does not care 1 iota who they get their money from and they don't care who's hands it ends up in.  But most of us dealers don't sell that way.  I know of a couple dealers who put machines on EBAY.  Why?  It is their option to sell to anyone, as long as they get paid, they don't care.  I could have done so with my 1st batch or the 2nd, but I choose to deal with my customers and the 1st ones are the same customers who supported me in times past.

I have a feeling those who put their money with Cabelas (yes a small amount of units - really small) will get sent out.  The majority of people who purchased will never get a tracking #. 

Minelab is not giving any favorites to Cabelas I assure you.

Keep your name on the list of the dealers you initially worked with and be patient.  Or,  I have plenty of other brands to sell anyone if interested?

The good thing is the internet if full of info.  The bad thing is sometimes there is too much read into it.

The email people are now getting from Cabelas:

Thank you for your order for EQUINOX 800 METAL DETECTOR. The vendor has advised us that the item is currently out of stock and has been backordered. They are expecting to ship approximately the end of March. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused & thank you for your patience.l

Credit where credit is due - Gerry called it right. I still however advise against dealer cross-talk but Gerry was trying to let people know not to get out of whatever dealer line they were in and it is proving to have been good advice for many.

• Like 4

Thanks for posting that Steve, when I saw that yesterday I thought to myself Gerry was right and felt like posting it but did not. I'm in no hurry to get one at this point and I'll just wait till he gets them in stock. After all it's just a metal detector....it's  not like my ctx and deus arnt going to find anything anymore now that the horse is out of the corral. Funny thing  I was one of the first to get the 7000 and I dont remember having to wait very long for that one :laugh:

strick 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Thank you for your order for EQUINOX 800 METAL DETECTOR. The vendor has advised us that the item is currently out of stock and has been backordered. They are expecting to ship approximately the end of March. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused & thank you for your patience.l

Credit where credit is due - Gerry called it right. I still however advise against dealer cross-talk but Gerry was trying to let people know not to get out of whatever dealer line they were in and it is proving to have been good advice for many.

From my totally unofficial and unscientific poll on a FB group, it appears exactly half of the people who tried to order from Cabelas have actually gotten a machine or at least a tracking number from them (5/10).   There have been 7 units delivered from another dealer vs. 5 delivered from Cabela's.

Of the 68 people who said they have ordered an Equinox, 12 have actually gotten them or they are being shipped.

It's a small group of US Equinox users or wannabe users (576).  Probably not enough responses to tell much from it yet.  I'm going to let it run another day or so, and I'll post the results if anyone is interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, chicoquadcore said:

I ordered an 800 from Cabelas on Tues and just got an email today saying my status was changed into "shipped"... no tracking number yet but it did change.

I got all that as well, they even said my item has shipped, The hen late yesterday I get another email from them that said it was back ordered until March 31 - what a joke!

My order of a Nox 600 from Cabela's is out on the UPS truck for delivery today. YAY! This will be my first detector.

By the time I had the cash and called a reputable dealer to pre-order he had the integrity to NOT take my order because he couldn't fill the orders he already had.  I greatly respect a dealer that will do that and he will get my future business.

So, when the Cabelas web site had some I jumped on it and I'm one of the lucky ones that is getting one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hextra said:

My order of a Nox 600 from Cabela's is out on the UPS truck for delivery today. YAY! This will be my first detector.

By the time I had the cash and called a reputable dealer to pre-order he had the integrity to NOT take my order because he couldn't fill the orders he already had.  I greatly respect a dealer that will do that and he will get my future business.

So, when the Cabelas web site had some I jumped on it and I'm one of the lucky ones that is getting one.

Awesome, Hex!  And kudos to your dealer as well.  MineLab could learn a lot about customer service from their dealers, if they would just listen to them.

• Like 1

I am happy for you. There are lots of good dealers that sell detectors and most are guys that just love the sport. I have never dealt with a smaller dealer that did me wrong. I even bought a detector from Steve's old company about 7 yrs ago. The guy that waited in me knew detectors and actually talked me out of a detector he had in stock and ordered one for me and sent it to my home. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Steve,  Sorry..  All I was trying to do is put out another negative firestorm, (but I should not of added tidbits either).  I just wish folks would spend more time posting Positive things.  Do I feel there were mistakes made, most certainly and I will probably step on my tail again, but hopefully not today.

They are starting to flow and all is looking up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don’t worry about it Gerry,... people are just trying to get their hands on it any way they can,... Understandable.

Minelab is trying to pump out as many as they can,... Understandable

Dealers are trying to please their customers with the few units they are receiving,... Understandable.

No major hickups as with software or build quality are coming to light,... a breath of fresh air considering other product launches. And it has the ability to update if need be.

It’s business as usual if it were a new Iphone or @pple gadget. But we’ve haven’t seen this kind of feeding frenzy in metal detector land before. The reasonably priced Top performer.

It just has obsoleted a whole lot of stuff. Even tried and trusted relationships :-) Just wish mine would drop out of the sky like the first one did,... Now that would be pretty awesome!!

In stead it will be delivered with the UPS truck as per usual on a daily basis to our shop the same as all the rest of the shipments. Which I haven’t had the time to check out this week due to being stuck behind the chainsaw grinding machine all week!!!

Business as per usual :-)

• Like 1

No worries Gerry you know me and I know you so I know I can maybe offer what truthfully from my perspective is some helpful advice. I am also reasonably sane most of the time and so if I actually am off base myself well just say so! :smile:

I do make mistakes but bottom line is I am just trying my best to be a decent moderator so thanks again to everyone. To me stuff boils down to intent and I know we are all just trying hard to help each other.

• Like 2