When Will I Get My Nox? Long Answer And Short One Too

MontAmmie

After reading the post on the Equinox 800 being in stock and available at Cabela's, I popped over to the Cabela's site that morning. found the 800, added it to my shopping cart and went most of the way through the buying process.  I selected FREESHIP to 'save' some money, winced at the sale tax added to the order and stared at the screen. Hmmm.  That doesn't seem right.

I have to say that my 'hackles' rose a bit that I've waited on my dealers 'pre-order' list since September 21st, (5 months) and to have Minelab go and do this really irked me.  I was on Findmall at that moment and even wrote a bit of a scathing response, under a "Cabela's Has Equinox's in Stock' POST, to Minelab, posted it, and then got to thinking (after I already posted of course). Are we really suppose to think before we post?

Most every dealer out there was taking 'pre-orders' for the Equinox's. My dealer had at least 6. because I was #6. I know that Kellyco took hundreds of orders (pay up front) as they were classifying their customer in the 1st 100 or 2nd 100.  I had not heard about Cabelas taking pre-orders. All over people jostled for 'pre-order' position. Be first to get your Equinox.

Anyway, where I am going with this is that Cabelas has 82 stores in the US and Canada. As a Minelab dealer, are they entitled like the rest of the dealers to get 1 or 2 detectors for each of their stores? I think that or a least a large portion of that. That got me to thinking that perhaps Cabela's was notified by their Minelab Distributor that their initial 'allotment' of detectors for their 82 stores was there and ready to drop ship directly to their customers and off they go. 

I closed the Cabela's Order Page on my computer. 

I quickly edited my comments on Findmall and am now sitting back waiting. I'm looking outside. There is fresh snow on the ground, 25* temps with more snow in the forecast for the next week. .And my dealer, whom I've purchased a few detectors from, will have my detector here in the next three or four weeks and I got a MUCH better deal than I would have otherwise.  :biggrin:

HH 

Rich (Utah)

• Like 3

Just this morning I was thinking that I was over waiting and pineing away for me to get that email that my Equinox was in. After 5 months I was giving it way too much thought.

Then, there it was, an invoice from my dealer and a note that they had my order and it was ready to ship. This really has made my day!

So hang in there guys and gals. You’ll soon get that email you’ve been waiting for.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked