Iso 6th Tone Section / and other Wish Lists

Tiftaaft

When I programmed my CTX, one of the things I wish it offered was a 6th tone bank with ability to customize.  Or said another way, a ferrous bank, and 5 non-ferrous banks (or more).  This may have been addressed or answered in another thread, but is the E800 capable of creating more than 5 customized tone sections on the "ID-ometer".  The great video by Bill S shows how to move each of the sections in 5 tone, and change the tone and volume for each... which I will make some similar adjustments when I finally get my E800... but it leaves me wanting just a skosh more... one more section for those dime/quarter/silver tones (in my soil), so I can differentiate between copper (Indian Head to Lincoln cent) and clad dimes/quarters/halves/dollar - silver coins (understanding some thin silver coins may hit down in the copper or even zinc range).  I have a tendency to dig almost anything at and over a nickel tone, so this isn't a huge issue for me... and of course the 50 tone will give a calibrated range of tones from bottom to top... but having that sweet high tone jump out above all others would be a nice thing. :) 

Tim.

20 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

When I programmed my CTX, one of the things I wish it offered was a 6th tone bank with ability to customize.  Or said another way, a ferrous bank, and 5 non-ferrous banks (or more).  This may have been addressed or answered in another thread, but is the E800 capable of creating more than 5 customized tone sections on the "ID-ometer".  The great video by Bill S shows how to move each of the sections in 5 tone, and change the tone and volume for each... which I will make some similar adjustments when I finally get my E800... but it leaves me wanting just a skosh more... one more section for those dime/quarter/silver tones (in my soil), so I can differentiate between copper (Indian Head to Lincoln cent) and clad dimes/quarters/halves/dollar - silver coins (understanding some thin silver coins may hit down in the copper or even zinc range).  I have a tendency to dig almost anything at and over a nickel tone, so this isn't a huge issue for me... and of course the 50 tone will give a calibrated range of tones from bottom to top... but having that sweet high tone jump out above all others would be a nice thing. :) 

Tim.

If you are ok with discriminating out iron or hearing it as the same tone foil you could adjust the Fe or T1 tone break as just below nickel.

• Like 2

Thanks MO,

Yes, that would give me the ability to put an extra high tone section in the high conductive range... at the cost of small gold sounding like iron.  Give and take. 

Tim.

As long as we are making a list....  Am I the only one that liked the pinpoint trigger on the CTX?  I thought that was a nice touch (pun intended)... Anything I can do to keep my muddy glove off the screen is an ace in my hand.  :)

4 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

As long as we are making a list....  Am I the only one that liked the pinpoint trigger on the CTX?  I thought that was a nice touch (pun intended)... Anything I can do to keep my muddy glove off the screen is an ace in my hand.  :)

I have only hunted with the Equinox once, but reached for that trigger a few times. Put it on the list! 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Iso 6th Tone Section / and other Wish Lists