Has Anyone Tried Non Minelab Bluetooth Earphones Yet Apt-x

NSC

Hi from Downunder,

I was wondering if any 800 users out there had used non Minelab brand bluetooth earphones or headphones yet ?

...and if so, what type they used.

I am looking to purchase bluetooth earbuds as headphones get very hot for me (its Summer here)

I am hoping to find out if I need to buy standard Apt-X or if it needs to be Apt-X Low Latency 

Low Latency will offer the same no lag as the Minelab WM module or the headphones - Standard Apt-X may have too much lag or delay

Apt-X LL cost $170     versus        standard Apt-X or Apt-X HD $50      (these prices are in Australia)

I know I can use the WM module with my choice of earbuds as this is what I have been doing but I hope to go truly wireless soon.

Thanks in advance and happy hunting:smile:

I bought some Avantree Audition Pro headphones off amazon for $60 and they work great.  They are aptx-LL.  I would strongly urge going ahead and buying the low latency versions of whatever you decide on.  The regular aptx is 100-150 milliseconds delay, but the low latency is only 40 ms.  Some people notice the higher latency.  I’m a real stickler for fast audio, so I didn’t want to take any chances and went ahead and sprung for the low latency.  Pairing is very easy since the Equinox was designed to work with the aptx protocol.  

Thank you all for your replies.

I really do not want another pair of headphones - I am looking for in ear earbuds/ earphones 

There are not a lot of Apt-X Low Latenecy earbuds out there ( for Aussies anyway)

So far the best I can find in Australia is the Sennheiser cx6.00BT (Apt-x LL) $150 

I have apple air pods and going to try them tomorrow so will let you know

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DetectingMO said:

I looked at those too and would have bought them, but the reviews said that it has a very heavy bass boost "feature" that can't be adjusted or turned off.  If anything, I need a "treble" boost to compensate for some hearing loss I have and to better respond to the typical frequencies in detector audio.  Too much bass and you could get hum, pop, and loud low iron tones.

I agree the Avantrees aren't super rugged.  Very light and comfortable, though.

Is it possible to turn off the bass boost?  The reviews said no, but maybe you found out differently, because these otherwise look like great headphones.

Another very nice looking set are the brand new EOZ AIR     bluetooth 5.0 Apt-X LL 

....but they are taking Pre Orders as they are not quite on the market again and I am not sure I want to go there so soon after waiting for the Nox :rolleyes:

On 2/23/2018 at 9:05 PM, Wayfarer said:

I looked at those too and would have bought them, but the reviews said that it has a very heavy bass boost "feature" that can't be adjusted or turned off.  If anything, I need a "treble" boost to compensate for some hearing loss I have and to better respond to the typical frequencies in detector audio.  Too much bass and you could get hum, pop, and loud low iron tones.

I agree the Avantrees aren't super rugged.  Very light and comfortable, though.

Is it possible to turn off the bass boost?  The reviews said no, but maybe you found out differently, because these otherwise look like great headphones.

they sound same as wired phones to me.  no clue on bass issue.  iron tone is fine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DetectingMO said:

they sound same as wired phones to me.  no clue on bass issue.  iron tone is fine.

Thanks for the follow up.  Based on what you are saying, the bass boost is probably not noticeable then with typical detector audio frequencies.  I’m going to go ahead and order them and see how they compare.  They definitely do look more rugged.  

It’s just nice that we have so many aftermarket choices.

P.S. I just ordered the Tronds you recommended and will compare them side by side with the Audition Pros and will report back.