Inquiring Mind Wants To Know

Ridge Runner

I think Minelab pretty much led everyone to believe that when they said they were starting to ship that there would be a steady flow of detectors and within a cpl of weeks all pre orders would be filled. No one expected 1 or 2 here and there.. Then Cablea's pops up with them for sale online. That got to everyone. Some people had prepaid months in advance and boom Cablea's get some and they didn't. In my eyes anyone that prepaid should got theirs 1st no matter when they ordered.. 

• Like 2

Who knows how many Cabelas received, but it doesn't sound like it was a lot and they probably don't do pre-orders like the specialty dealers. They received their allotment and listed them for sale on the website. The other dealers has pre-paid orders to fill.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:53 PM, Metal Detecting Stuff said:

I'm a longtime lurker and dealer. We placed a large order when the product was first announced. So far, I've received one shipment- 2 800s and 1 600. A second shipment is supposedly heading to my distributor shortly, but I anticipate another very small quantity. We ordered enough that our prepay and wait lists will all be filled once our initial order is complete ( now anticipated to be shipped to distributor by end of March). We also have a second large order in the pipeline, but no anticipated delivery date.

This gives me hope because I’m number 3 on your list for the 800. I hope it’s in the next day or two I get that email. :biggrin:

BTW, welcome to the forum MDS!

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, Norm S said:

Actually Bass Pro and Cabela's are the only two big box sporting goods stores that handle Minelab

Scheels in the midwest is a Minelab dealer according to the Minelab website. All the sheels I went to does not have much for metal detecting. A few cheap detectors and maybe a carry bag and that is about it. I have not seen a Minelab in the ones I was at. 

On 2/23/2018 at 5:35 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Relicmeister I like the way you think big but the trouble is not all dealers have the name Cabela.

Metal Detecting Stuff I believe you call home just north of Houston. That’s unless it’s another dealer running around with the same name. 

Good things come to he who waits.ha

Chuck

Yes, that's me.  

Wayne

On 2/25/2018 at 12:36 PM, BeachHunter said:

This gives me hope because I’m number 3 on your list for the 800. I hope it’s in the next day or two I get that email. :biggrin:

BTW, welcome to the forum MDS!

HI Don, you are correct. Yours came in today and will go out today. Should be in your hands Thursday!

Wayne

• Like 1

Yay! Thank you Wayne and Doug.

I want to say metaldetectingstuff has been awesome. From the preorder right down to the ready to ship notice. These guys are incredible communicators that really do treat you like an old friend.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked