Sign in to follow this  
Tnsharpshooter

Little Morning Hunt 2-23-2018 With My New Friend - Nox

Anytime I go coin hunting and can find at least one silver coin or any coin in the 1800s- I rate a good hunt.

IH dated 1899.  Meter read 21 one way, 23 the other,  good signal.

2v85zxw.jpg

• Like 6

On February 23, 2018 at 4:04 PM, Indiana Mark said:

I never get tired of digging IHCs. Hopefully in about a week I'll have my Equinox.  Nice finds!

Thanks.

Congrats on the Indian Head.  So far this year I haven't snagged one yet, but I have well over 30 wheat-back cents so I keep looking.

Curious about your first Equinox outing, did you notice any remarkable improvements or advantages over the other makes and models you have?  Which coil, program/mode and settings were used?

Monte

12 hours ago, Monte said:

Congrats on the Indian Head.  So far this year I haven't snagged one yet, but I have well over 30 wheat-back cents so I keep looking.

Curious about your first Equinox outing, did you notice any remarkable improvements or advantages over the other makes and models you have?  Which coil, program/mode and settings were used?

Monte

Monte,

Equinox works well in modern trash and iron for coil size.  Can be set up speedy. Gives full tones on nonferrous targets, not zippy sounding.  Detector reports audio nicely even when things get busy under coil, as long as speed setting is appropriate.  Don't have smallest coil yet, but if it works like stocker coil but  less depth, hold on we are all in for a ride.  Equinox is NOT like FBS types in and around iron.  I read your posts quite a bit Monte.  You may have a need for the mighty Equinox.  Seems to handle mineral above average too for VLF.  Not a hard detector to operate and get good performance.

In my area park 2 seems to be best performer for depth on higher and lower conductors.  My soil not good, but not as bad as out west.

Cheers

Knowing your proclivities Monte I am not sure what you would think of Equinox. Think 2.9 lb CTX with DEUS like ability to separate in trash. Minelab type tones. It manages quite well with the 11” round coil but the 6” out in the next few months will be what some people want. Extreme sensitivity to low conductors in particular. It does use a new processing method so quite honestly nobody has a 100% handle on the machine yet. In general I am biased towards the machine so I don’t speak much to the detector other than to describe what it is and how it works. I know it suits me but others have to decide for themselves if it suits them. I have faith in the underlying technology so I am on board with Equinox for the long haul.

Never found an Indian Head myself so congrats to you David. Equinox is going to get my first, no doubt about that.

• Like 3