Maybe some of you already know about this and have the phone to support it. I have one of the flip phones that nobody wants to steal, so it really amazes me. On his phone he dials up google earth map and it instantly it brings up the boundaries, acreage and name & address of the owner.

It would be fantastic to have the same ap for claims, showing owner and boundaries, no more accidental trespassing.

• Like 1

Real property doesn't change ownership much and the boundaries stay the same unless it's property that is subdivided.  How ever, I have a claim here in Alaska and I know that claim ownership changes lots more than real property.  People staking new claims sometimes stake their boundaries over another claim, sometimes by accident and sometime on purpose.   Also if you don't do your paperwork that is required, the State , if it's a State claim, or the Feds, if it's on Federal land, can and will take your claim away from you.  I know that the State of Alaska all ready has a data base for it's claims, but it's not available as a phone ap.  It's a great idea, but it would require a lot of work and upkeep by each state.

• Like 2

OnX Hunt is the phone app that has overlays for state, forest service, blm, private properties and gives land ownership information. The company is based in Missoula MT and I spoke with them last week. They said it lists patented claims but not registered claims. I told her it would be a huge market boost for her company it they included registered claims. She typed in some info on her computer and they can access the info of LR2000 and upload claim info for each state. She will have a meeting with the other owners of this company and she feels it will be beneficial to add it to the app and it is not a difficult problem for them to include it. I will keep everyone posted.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, goldseeker4000 said:

OnX Hunt is the phone app that has overlays for state, forest service, blm, private properties and gives land ownership information. The company is based in Missoula MT and I spoke with them last week. They said it lists patented claims but not registered claims. I told her it would be a huge market boost for her company it they included registered claims. She typed in some info on her computer and they can access the info of LR2000 and upload claim info for each state. She will have a meeting with the other owners of this company and she feels it will be beneficial to add it to the app and it is not a difficult problem for them to include it. I will keep everyone posted.

I too have found and use this app.  It’s pretty good.  I can’t imagine the undonting task it would be to keep up with the constant changing in mining claims.  For them to be able to list claim maps BLM would have to imput the maps provided to them into there system.  BLM isnt even on the same page from state to state when it comes to the type of maps required.  

• Like 1

Thank you Gold Seeker 4000! :biggrin: If that happens it will be a great assistance to those lost in this claim/not claimed morass :unsure: that we are currently in. It also will be good for current claim owners to better show their boundaries. If it does happen I will buy a smart phone and pay an instructor to help me use it.:smile:

As many are aware and WesH is aluding to, the LR2000 does not have the claim boundaries, just the quarter sections. Getting the actual claim boundaries is much more of a headache, as they are on the claim maps, which are not online. Having the quarter section is helpful though, just not quite as much as it could be

• Like 1

Montana blm used to have a program called Montana cadastral. It had the GPS coordinates and also showed the claim boundaries. It was easy to use but to no big surprise they got rid of it and are using LR 2000. Heaven forbid if the government retained a user friendly web site. Hahaha.

Steve,

Has OnX kept you on public lands for the most part?

I've got a good GPS on my phone and it will let me download offline maps so even if I don't have cell service I can see where I am on roads and terrain.  If I have done my research before I go then I can go on to My Land Matters and put in points that are pretty accurate.  Another program I have has historical mine data that comes in easily on the phone so I can convert it to Google Maps and points if I want to.

Land Matters research includes a link to the county recorders office.  An individual claim can be looked up and the bounds of the claim have to be recorded by law.  This part I haven't done yet.

I've asked Clay if there are plans to make MLM phone friendly and he said a while back no.  Maybe that will change one day also.

Mitchel