My First Gold Ring With The 800!

mn90403

Very cool. I get mine on Monday but I have a stupid mentor teacher meeting from 4-7 that I can't get out of so no chance to get to the beach until Tuesday. Did the gold tone match up with your air testing done before? I'm just curious how similar the tones are in the air and wet sand. 

I so wanted to find the 1st gold ring in US, but I have not even one in my own shop.

I did get another order of them today and will be notifying customers tomorrow and shipping Monday.

Great score Mitchel.

Congrats Mitchel!

Gerry, That must be tantalizing for you, watching all those Equinoxes go by and not being able to get to the beach with one. Good job on filling customer orders though. Kudos to you as a dealer!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Metaldetectingisfun said:

Congrats Mitchel!

Gerry, That must be tantalizing for you, watching all those Equinoxes go by and not being able to get to the beach with one. Good job on filling customer orders though. Kudos to you as a dealer!

Oh I do get out on occasion and when I do I hunt pretty hard.  We are wintered up right now, so even if I were sent extras, it would not do me much good for a few more weeks.

I'll try it on a beach hunt later this year and hopefully get something similar to what my CTX 3030 did (view photos).

Ring0.jpg

R1.jpg

R4.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a bit more from the beach last night!  There is a 'story' behind every piece but I tell just one.

The gold looking band signaled as gold at 4-5.  I thought it was nice and I dug the hole and then nothing.  I looked for a couple of minutes in the dig outs and the hole ... nothing.  Then with my light I spotted it.  I grabbed it but didn't test it again.  I don't know why it went invisible.

It is not magnetic.  It is a hollow.  Maybe I broke it with the scoop.  It is not heavy so ... who knows?

Mitchel

IMG_9364.JPG

I found something similar before.... a hollow gold braclet...sounded like a sprinkler head (big low tone) on the CTX 12.03 if I remember right. It's possible that once it broke then the signal became invisible. Try squeezing the ends together to make contact and run it over the coil...then without? Inquiring minds want to know...the Equinox is supposed to hit small gold chains...Your beach hunt looks alot like my park hunt today minus the gold lol

strick