Some of the other wins we have had recently were little cracks in California's defense, but this is a very big crack with a decent sized gap between the cracks.

I saw recently on the local news that a California law that banned a french delicacy known as pate fois gras was overturned as it contradicted federal law - it was banned at the behest of some animal rights activist groups. Some poor restaurant owner fought them for years, spent many thousands, but won. The Sacramento money whore politicians just figure they can do whatever and if don't like it sue them. If you are a special interest, they will do whatever you want for money and votes.

Steve - you may get to dredge in  the warm, clear water of California yet!

As a gold miner in ca. I can honestly say it is far from over yet.... you can still be fined and some places lose ur equipt because it is still illegal by state law...granted u win in the end but lose in the beginning..I know this sounds like I'm for the state but I'm not ..I'm for gold mining to feed and provide for my family without incident..

Not so sure its illegal by state law...it was a moratorium put in place. AMRA rep has called all the sherrifs in gold counties to let them know the outcome,and how they stand on it. I think they may have that on their website now. I do know Shannon and Jon from AMRA announced publicly they are now actively dredging.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/suctiondredge/

went down today and was told federally it's legal but as for the state it's still illegal.... they also said they received tons of calls on the matter ... so now they r nit picking the case to their liking.. and I was told my equipt would be siezed as well as a healthy fine and I would have to settle it out in court... too much hassle for me!!!...I'll wait!!!

trinity..nuff said..The river restoration project runs anything that's water related here..like I said I'll wait....on the 23rd they are supposed to be meeting to set regulations but we know how that's going to go....like I said I'll wait...The water up here is to damn cold anyway... lol...gonna try metal detecting till all the dust clears...