A Cool Find

Love the watch. That's a beauty right there. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys the other side  is missing the benzel/cover and is pretty much toast. It was the side that had the actual clock. I was able to spray it with WD 40 and clean it enough that the face opens up now. Hopefully I can find some markings on it as I try to clean it some.  The other thingy Ive identified as a part of an old razor set I think it was what they called the "lather catcher" 

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-improved-eagle-safety-razor-1852144761

strick

3488C.jpg

• Like 3

By God your right! Thanks for that. I need to go back to that field and see if I can find the front cover of that watch. 

strick 

• Like 2

I was able to open it with a little WD 40... Says "RR special edition # 40" Trying to find who was the maker.  The front of the watch is missing the benzel so I may go back this weekend to see if I can find it. Thanks for all the likes and comments! It's great when you find something like this...Relic hunting is often met with disappointment from countless metal shards, shotgun caps, 22 casings...and other meaningless objects that end up in the garbage. 

strick