Using Gray Ghost Head Phone With Gold Monster 1000

Alan Bender

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

In either case you need the adapter, and the correct adapter will make yours work as shown in the diagram above.

I got the adapter In the mail yesterday and it works great. It cancels out the gm1000 speaker and  I can adjust the volume (L&R) individually.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I thank everyone so much.

On 2/26/2018 at 4:07 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Headphones do need to be wired properly in order to work with some models. This Minelab Knowledge Base article goes over the issue as relates to the CTX 3030. I believe the GPZ 7000 and possibly Gold Monster is identical in this regard. Sun Ray makes two models of Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones, the original model, and another model wired specifically to work correctly with the CTX 3030 (and other detectors also) for $5.00 more. Why not just make the one model that works with all detectors? Good question. Long story short I own two sets of the Sun Ray CTX version and they work with anything.

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-2.jpg

I think some detector headphone manufacturers have opted for the 'incorrect wiring' option in order to trigger the inbuilt amp in the GPX batteries. This can compensate for inefficient high impedance headphone drivers/inserts. It will also make the headphones appear to be louder and more brighter than those wired correctly. A little bit of slight of hand perhaps??

This of course is my opinion only and cant be backed with hard facts lol.

• Like 2