I recently found a class ring from the local high school.  Wanting  to return it I called the administration office and asked if they could help me identify this person so I could return the ring.  Sorry the nice lady said, because of the Privacy Act we can't give out any information on our students.  Catch 22.  So, I asked the lady if she would find out the identity of this student and try to return it?  She said yes.  I dropped off the ring and she took my name and phone number and said she would call if successful.  In the past I have been successful in returning 2 rings, 1 bracelet and 2 wallets.  That's not a bad record.

• Like 5

On 2/25/2018 at 2:49 PM, oldknifemaker said:

I recently found a class ring from the local high school.  Wanting  to return it I called the administration office and asked if they could help me identify this person so I could return the ring.  Sorry the nice lady said, because of the Privacy Act we can't give out any information on our students.  Catch 22.  So, I asked the lady if she would find out the identity of this student and try to return it?  She said yes.  I dropped off the ring and she took my name and phone number and said she would call if successful.  In the past I have been successful in returning 2 rings, 1 bracelet and 2 wallets.  That's not a bad record.

Kudos on the attempted return!  Do you get it back if they can't find the owner to return it?  

Keith, please don’t worry at all about it. Computers, cell phones etc. do strange things. In general just hit the submit button once and wait. No matter what no harm ever done by duplicate posts or threads. That is what your faithful moderator is for :smile:

• Like 1