The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

Ordered in September, dealer recently indicated that there's still two orders ahead of mine and ML was working to get them filled by the end of March (sounds like th Cabelas canned back order email I received).

I am still dealing with Cabela's. They did email me back this morning saying orders are filled as they come in. But, obviously that isn't the case... Here is Rachel at Cabela's Dropship email. 

1.JPG

uh oh!

Help

Print

Delivery exception
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, PA
Ship date:

Mon 2/26/2018

ANCHORAGE, AK US

Scheduled delivery:

Pending

WEXFORD, PA US

Incorrect Address

17 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

I hate you guys.  I put my first preorder in on Sept 15.  That dealer says he lost his list and I ended up 19th on his new list. Things happen, I know. But I found it strange when his buddies all ended up with 1 out of the first couple batches, and the rest of the people got nada.  I have went thru another dealer in which I was supposed to be next in line.  I prepaid with this one. Not heard a peep since.  Looks like the Equinox 1000 Pro will be out by the time I get mine.

It would be nice if other folks learned who such dealer was.  At least you know who not to deal with in the future.  Probably best you don't tell us though, as he would get his feelings hurt.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

It would be nice if other folks learned who such dealer was.  At least you know who not to deal with in the future.  Probably best you don't tell us though, as he would get his feelings hurt.

Daniel Tn got the same VIP treatment I experienced. Talk about a spoil sport :-)

Anyway people are talking iceskating here at the moment,... so no worries at all!

I started shopping for an Equinox 800 on February 14th and was able to have one in my hands by February 27th and here is how.  

By lurking on this and other forums I quickly realized that if I put an order in with those big internet metal detector companies, I would have to wait until April at the earliest to get one.  My second thought was to wait for that big hunting and fishing store to receive a large stock and order from them.  My only concern was that this could become a trap, where they are just creating a pre-paid wait list just like the other internet sales companies.  I quickly realized that this was going to be like trying to buy Springsteen or The Who concert tickets.  

My approach was to go on the Minelab website and start calling the dealers that were close to me.  Since I am in Western Pennsylvania I called the dealer in Erie PA.  Brian was very nice and answered all my questions about the Equinox 800.  My final question to Brian was, "What is your wait list looking like?"  Brian's answer was, "If you send me a $100 deposit you will be number one and receive the next Equinox 800 I receive."

It was really just that simple.  Run a dealer search on Minelab.com, Pick up the phone and ask about their wait list.  I know as of yesterday, Brian in Erie was back to a wait list of Zero.

I hope this helps someone get their hands on a wonderful product and helps your local dealer earn your business.

Bill

• Like 2

After a couple of obvious boilerplate reply emails from KellyCo, I decided to call them today. Not good. They did have my order number and did admit I had an order with them, but it wasn’t pleasant after that. They were quick to say orders are being filled IN ORDER received, when I asked why a fellow detectorist received their machine on the 17th despite ordering the 21st (after me) I was told that was a lie. I’m not sure if I’m the liar, or the guy happily using his detector is the liar. Anyways, I was assured that I would eventually get my machine, (far from reassuring). 

Currently at 162 days from prepaid order.