The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

I am next on the list of a smaller dealer for an 800 but even he seems a little ticked off at the waiting game and lack of info from his distributor.  I ended up finding some 600s in stock and at least have one of those inbound to me.  Maybe I can get a feel for the Equinox til the 800 finally makes it my way.  

• Like 1

Daniel

I'm sure you are itching to take her right out to the bullet field to see if there is any advantage in that dirt compared to single Freq.

I ordered in November and seemed it would be while yet before I got it so when cabela's did their last sale I jumped on it and cancelled my order from Nov.  3 days later i got the dreaded dropship letter from Cabelas.  I was kicking myself for cancelling my Nov. order.  

Fast forward to a couple days ago.  i got a email from cabela' s saying that minelab IL received  a couple extras and they are sending mine out ASAP.

Out for delivery today!!  looking forward to seeing how this stacks up against the 3030.  from what I've seen, I'll be digging a lot but if it means some good ones can ring thru, I'll be happy.  I'm happy just swinging something  lighter to tell you the truth!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jackpine said:

Daniel

I'm sure you are itching to take her right out to the bullet field to see if there is any advantage in that dirt compared to single Freq.

Actually, first stop is the old mill/house site that I have on my own property.  When I was hunting with the MX Sport, I dug over 50 flat buttons there, and it is loaded in iron.  Will be interesting to see what the Equinox can do in the way of low conductors there.  The CTX 3030 with small coil didn't dig anything in there.  From what I have saw others talk about, the mills would take in clothes and strip the buttons off of them and use the material to make stuff out of.  I think that is what the case is at the site on my place...just too many flat buttons and other buttons in one spot.  

The bullet fields are about tapped out.  I used to go there just to bring people that had never dug a bullet, and to just test new detectors.  But some other people horned in on the spot and have about dug it to death with their pulse detectors.  I noticed there had been some dig holes from time to time when I would go, and then found out who it was.  They hunt it like it's the only site they have to hunt; so instead of hitting their own places, they are cleaning out mine.  Makes it tough on any VLF machine to go behind pulse machines in non trashy fields and find anything.

• Like 2

Well I know a lot of people are really complaining about their dealers not delivering. I know for a fact that some of the biggest dealers in the U.S. only got 1 or 2 800's in the last shipment. That don't say much for Minelab when we all know about the Cabela's thing. Twice I had an 800 in my cart at Cabela's. The 1st time in early February then about 10 days ago in the next shipment. I didn't ck out thinking my dealer would be getting a decent allotment and I would get mine soon.

Now I hear late next week for the next shipment and if I don't get a tracking # next week I am cancelling my order. I have joked around and stuff about it but if I don't get mine next week I will wait for Whites. You know they have several they have torn down are trying to emulate with just a touch better software and I would bet will be out by the end of the year. 

I know people like hearing the details about whos getting what. Cabelas said they got 12 allotted to them this week and orders are supposed to be filled in the order they were received. I ordered at 8am.

I received an email yesterday afternoon from Cabela's. Rachel in the Dropship department told me she couldn't tell me exactly why mine hadn't shipped since they are supposed to go out in the order they were received.  (mine was ordered at 5:20 AM EST on 2/20). The best guess that Rachel had was that since this was my first order with Minelab the order was checked for fraud before being sent to Minelab. She said without any other order numbers I could provide her from ones that shipped out after mine she couldn't be sure. But that I will probably get mine by 3/30.. Happy Happy Joy...

4 hours ago, Norm S said:

Now I hear late next week for the next shipment and if I don't get a tracking # next week I am cancelling my order. I have joked around and stuff about it but if I don't get mine next week I will wait for Whites. You know they have several they have torn down are trying to emulate with just a touch better software and I would bet will be out by the end of the year. 

Now I know you're joking, Norm.  That is pretty funny.  Especially, since ML holds the patents and will litigate with the competition at the drop of a hat.  You can ask Whites and XP about that.  

Regarding pre-pays.  (Not a Norm S. issue).  This is a fluid, free market environment.  If anything, you can juxtapose the Cabelas and Kellyco situations and ascertain that pre-paying did not provide an advantage in the larger scheme of things despite initial reports to the contrary that were subsequently debunked.  I recall folks that adamantly maintained that ML was preferentially going to dole out the detectors to satisfy pre-orders that were pre-paid.  Lesson learned.  Shop around and find the dealer situation that suits your principles and if you ARE going to prepay to perhaps find an advantage with a specific dealer in terms of which list you get on to, then be prepared for your money to be in someone else's hands for a long time before you receive product.  Fortunately, if you put in the effort to do the legwork you can find the situation that suits you because dealers run the gamut when it comes to setting their terms on prepays, extras, discounts, etc..  I can also say this, if you have a close relationship with a dealer, stick it out rather than jump ship. You will be better off in the long run because they will still be there for you when the big box guy is done after the last shipping notice.  Don't stop believing!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GKman said:

I received an email yesterday afternoon from Cabela's. Rachel in the Dropship department told me she couldn't tell me exactly why mine hadn't shipped since they are supposed to go out in the order they were received.  (mine was ordered at 5:20 AM EST on 2/20). The best guess that Rachel had was that since this was my first order with Minelab the order was checked for fraud before being sent to Minelab. She said without any other order numbers I could provide her from ones that shipped out after mine she couldn't be sure. But that I will probably get mine by 3/30.. Happy Happy Joy...

I ordered at 5:15 am EST and I did not get one either....

5 minutes ago, Toddbbq said:

I ordered at 5:15 am EST and I did not get one either....

Was it your first order from Cabela's? Something seems messed up for sure. I don't think Rachel wants to talk to me any more. Her last email was pretty blunt.

Whoops realized I misstated something in my earlier post I should have said it was my first order from Cabela's