The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Buddy,  I can assure you 100% they hear us and they know.  You can ask the other dealers and most will tell you, I share more negative to them than they like and can handle at times.  I do it behind closed doors most of the time.  You are correct in some ways and I have no issues with a couple posts and expressions.  There are many "that guys" this go round, so it is all good.  Heck, sometimes there are even a few "that dealer's" too.  We'll get through it my friend.  If you are ever in Boise, Idaho, look me up and we'll do a little diggin and bitchin.

Thanks.  Might just take you up on the diggin' one of these days, never been to Idaho, nor have I ever been prospecting (although I intend to change that with the EQ800!)  :huh:

10 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

IF Minelab had any sense, they would've started shipping the units back in December, knowing there was an eminent pending firmware upgrade and it would've done two things to cast them in a a positive light:

1) Units would've shipped faster and the forum/FB complaints & frustration would've started to dissipate

2) As Minelab has a pathetic track record regarding firmware updates, the fact that they would've released a firmware update that added additional functionality would've been received as a very positive event, as not only would it instill confidence in buyers that Minelab was finally leveraging user upgrade capabilities, but the fact that it would've added additional functionality would also be a booster as people would perceive it as a value add event, giving their machines more capabilities.

Unfortunately ML did option 3) Nothing.... :rolleyes:  Doing nothing is still a choice, but it wasn't well received by the general populous.

Cal...... im just wondering if ML is gun shy?   We all remember the CTX..... no salt setting and those bad O ring issues...... then we had the ML repair issues when Barry died.   May have been a conscious decision to put them out a few at at a time so if there was an issue.... they could fix it without overwhelming the repair shop again..... or worst case having to throw away a ton of the handle/boxes.   Maybe why we dont have those cables and headphones too.   BUT.... if it were me id much rather have tested it in the water before putting a ton of them on the street.  I know Gary  Dryden got a pair of the phones awhile back to test.... not sure why it took so long thou.

13 hours ago, chicoquadcore said:

Still waiting on my Cabelas order... they ended up giving me an $80 discount on the 800 so I guess it’s worth the wait.

How'd you get the discount?

Woohoo! I ordered from a small dealer (Minelab authorized) on Friday, March 2 and my 600 came yesterday! She should be charged and ready to tear up my front yard this afternoon. Now off to the manual and rereading of these posts to figure this out.....

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

As long as you all don’t tear out each other’s throats I’m cool. :smile:

Minelab is watching with nearly as much frustration as you are feeling. Yeah, they set themselves up but the fact is the demand worldwide is off the charts.

I still think that MineLab has more of a communication problem than anything else. 

A simple statement like:

"We are aware that many customers have pre-paid for their Equinox detectors, in some cases months ago. MineLab remains committed to filling these orders as quickly as possible.  Please be aware that all dealers, including the larger retailers, are receiving a pre-determined amount of units, and all of our distributors are free to market these detectors in the way which is most efficient and cost-effective for them.  We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, and would like to thank our valued customers for their continued patience and support during this unprecedented event in metal detecting history."

Would have gone a long way toward diffusing some of the hostility after the Cabela's roll-out.

• Like 4

My Deus HF coil was a year and a half late!! I did not go nuts on XP. The AT Max was late. The F75+ which is just an old detector with a different color scheme was late! My F-Pulse pinpointer was almost two months late - I was not putting the torch to First Texas. The Nokta Impact took over a year of waiting. And where is the Gold Kruzer by the way?

I waited for Equinox for twenty years! It’s been frustrating watching cell phone technology advance at lightspeed knowing all the while what detector manufacturers could do if making the same old boxes was not industry priority number 1. Thankfully I lived long enough to see what was in my head finally made reality.

People seriously need to learn how to chill. I just put detecting aside and spent three weeks visiting family. :smile: Take your spouse out. Get a puppy. Play with the kids. Watch the sun rise. Breath.

D26D8509-F34F-4F43-AB18-3AC78D20C4B2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

My wait is over.  Thanks for going the extra mile Gerry:biggrin:  Like you always do!

• Like 1

Don't forget the post release firmware update and leaking faceplate "psuedo" recall issues with the "venerable" MX Sport in '16.  Whites was pretty much given a pass, especially by Whites fans.

Minelab is no better or worse than any one else when it comes to executing this rollout (i.e., units delivered into the hands of users per unit time).  Ironically, they are a victim of their own success.  By taking the worldwide detecting community by storm with a highly capable AND affordable detector they are cast as the villain and a failure when they cannot meet unprecedented demand.  It is just a ludicrous situation compounded by Minelab's semi-tone-deaf marketing bravado (no one wants to be told they are currently swinging an obsolete detector) and less than stellar PR skills.  A recipe for torches and pitchforks, no doubt. Lol.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

How'd you get the discount?

I complained initially about them saying it would be shipped within a few days and they offered me a $50 gift card. Then she accidently refunded my card completely and had to recharge it so she offered me the $80 off instead for the inconvenience. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2018 at 4:12 PM, The_Stalker said:

I started shopping for an Equinox 800 on February 14th and was able to have one in my hands by February 27th and here is how.  

By lurking on this and other forums I quickly realized that if I put an order in with those big internet metal detector companies, I would have to wait until April at the earliest to get one.  My second thought was to wait for that big hunting and fishing store to receive a large stock and order from them.  My only concern was that this could become a trap, where they are just creating a pre-paid wait list just like the other internet sales companies.  I quickly realized that this was going to be like trying to buy Springsteen or The Who concert tickets.  

My approach was to go on the Minelab website and start calling the dealers that were close to me.  Since I am in Western Pennsylvania I called the dealer in Erie PA.  Brian was very nice and answered all my questions about the Equinox 800.  My final question to Brian was, "What is your wait list looking like?"  Brian's answer was, "If you send me a $100 deposit you will be number one and receive the next Equinox 800 I receive."

It was really just that simple.  Run a dealer search on Minelab.com, Pick up the phone and ask about their wait list.  I know as of yesterday, Brian in Erie was back to a wait list of Zero.

I hope this helps someone get their hands on a wonderful product and helps your local dealer earn your business.

Bill

I just called Brian. Same deal and I am now number 3 on his list.

Thank you Brian AND Stalker!

• Like 1