The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

NO DRAMA PLEASE! I ordered my 800 from Cabela's on the 20th of Feb about 2pm. I live in the CST time zone. Anyone else get an email or ANYTHING yet? I'm worried because we have issues with people stealing packages. I just want to make sure I'm there when it's delivered. I'm part of a FB EQ800 page and a fella said he got an email last week saying it will ship in 1-2 days. His just arrived from Cabela's today. I have yet to receive ANY emails or tracking #'s yet. Could Ya'll in the same boat just keep us up to date as to the how's, when's, and where's of your orders?

AGAIN... Just looking for logistical information, and NOT YOUR OPINIONS about Cabela's or Minelab.

35 minutes ago, chicoquadcore said:

I ordered on the 20th around 9pm pst. I think we are going to be in the end of March group. 

that would be 11pm CST for me. A fella on one of my FB prospecting groups got an email last week saying it would ship within 1-2 days. Like me, he also ordered his around 2pm CST on the 20th. He just got his today from Cabela's. So we know there is a "trickle" of some sort. 

• Like 1

Rachel at Cabela's dropship told me they had received over a hundred orders on the 20th. Sounds like they didn't expect such a response for the item...

Rather than be on any list with Cabela's or a dealer. Do what many others have done and get online and send emails to every dealer in the USA. Not every dealer has a list and not every dealer even takes orders for something thy don't have.  

You will get 49 no I don't have any in stock and I will add you to my list etc. But you will get maybe one to three dealers that have one and will ship asap.

There are even some dealers that have lists as short as 5 people. 

I have to agree with Norm. I originally ordered an 800 on November 5th.  I ended up cancelling that order after getting a response from that online retailer that was curt and unsatisfactory.  I ordered an 800 again March 2, from a Northern California mining supply company, H&B Mining Supply.  My 800 is being delivered today!  I'm happy I made the switch.  I'm getting more personalized customer service, and that's important to me.  I know where I will be making any future detecting and mining supply purchases. Thanks Tim and Sam!

• Like 1

I ordered mine from a large Metal Detector retailer on Dec 21. From everything I have read about them... I wish I had ordered from someone else. If I don’t get one by the end of the month (or some kind of update), I plan on canceling my order. I bought a used Gpx 4500 from Gerry and I’m very happy with the service and Detector. I will happily order a 800 from Gerry and end up on his waiting list. 

• Like 1

Cabela's just sent me a tracking # for UPS. I checked it online and it looks like its now in the UPS system. No other information at this point.