The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

I can tell you all right now it is a fact that many smaller dealers have very short lines with people able to get 800s on the next shipment. The largest, most obvious outlets have the longest lines. That’s my last tip and comment on all this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrinityBigfoot said:

When I called KellyCo I was told that October and November pre orders had been completed. I was told that December was in progress of being shipped out. This may have been something they said in a effort to keep me from canceling. If you want one sooner, start with Gerry. If he has a waiting list now, start calling smaller dealers then KellyCo. I bet you can get one sooner then KellyCo will deliver your preorder.

This most definitely was misinformation. I have had my fully paid preorder in since mid November. My wife actually did this for me as a Christmas gift that slid to a birthday gift after  a no-show at Christmas. When she called at the end of February to cancel the order, she was guaranteed delivery prior to our vacation to the Bahamas and Key West in March. As of last week, I still have not received the detector and after much prying was told I was number 42 on the preorder list out of more than 300. They also told me that mid-April would be the time frame in which I can expect my detector.

They fully blame the shortage on Minelab. In my opinion, as a retailer of their magnitude, they should have had some sort of agreement in the number of units being delivered  or at the very least limited the rampant preorders that they just assumed would be filled. It really is a failure on both companies. I initially defended Minelab when people where complaining in January about not receiving their detectors but since I'm going on my 6th month with nothing to show but empty promises, I'm no longer cordial when it comes to people asking my opinion on either the manufacturer or the distributor.

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I can tell you all right now it is a fact that many smaller dealers have very short lines with people able to get 800s on the next shipment. The largest, most obvious outlets have the longest lines. That’s my last tip and comment on all this.

Steve, I was not trying to start any problems I was merely asking a question! Every time I call I get the run around. Just yesterday my sales rep emailed me finally and said there were 7 people ahead of me and they had no idea when the next shipment would arrive. 

Now I'm seeing on a previous post that a member has been told all Novembers orders have been filled. If that's so then my order was forgotten about or my sales rep has no Idea what he's talking about, or the ship arrived and all orders were filled today, but no email has been sent to me confirming this, so that's why I asked the question. I'm wanting to know if Kellyco and / or my sales rep are intentionally misleading me.

Thank for your time...

"D"

17 hours ago, Darryl Galloway said:

Steve, I was not trying to start any problems I was merely asking a question! Every time I call I get the run around. Just yesterday my sales rep emailed me finally and said there were 7 people ahead of me and they had no idea when the next shipment would arrive. 

Now I'm seeing on a previous post that a member has been told all Novembers orders have been filled. If that's so then my order was forgotten about or my sales rep has no Idea what he's talking about, or the ship arrived and all orders were filled today, but no email has been sent to me confirming this, so that's why I asked the question. I'm wanting to know if Kellyco and / or my sales rep are intentionally misleading me.

Thank for your time...

"D"

My comment was not aimed at you Darryl in any way at all. When I address people directly I do so by quoting them or addressing them in my post, as I did just now. I did move your post here because I do not want any new threads started on this subject matter. My post was just one last time trying to offer a tip that could get people a machine faster than being number 42 in line someplace.

4 hours ago, Darryl Galloway said:

Thank for your time...

"D"

Ordered mine on NOV 27th. This was the email they just sent....

Hello James, 

We are still waiting on Minelab to start sending our the Equinox in large numbers, only getting a few at a time. Production is still going overseas and hoping to see more soon. 
I wish  to have better news for you. 
-------------------------------------------------
I just gave up anticipating.. too exhausting.
Was going to sell it right away anyway and purchase a GPX4500 instead ... but i just can't do it. That machine appears to be a keeper just like the GB2. Will never let it go.

16 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My comment was not aimed at you Darryl in any way at all. When I address people directly I do so by quoting them or addressing them in my post, as I did just now. I did move your post here because I do not want any new threads started on this subject matter. My post was just one last time trying to offer a tip that could get people a machine faster than being number 42 in line someplace.

My apologies Steve, I misunderstood your meaning and I humbly apologize. I haven't been on the forum for sometime now and was unaware of your wanting everything in one spot which I now understand why. Once again I'm sorry for being surly in my previous post. I suppose these 16 and 18 hour shifts are catching up with me. Once again, I was out of line and hope you will except my apologies. You do a great job with the forum and I'm sure there's hiccup's occasionally and I hate that I had to be one...

"D"

• Like 1

No worries Darryl. I am a bit grumpy today. You have far more right than I however, having waited so long to get a detector, and people posting some pretty amazing finds almost everyday it seems. I will give you this though - you got me to post twice now when both times I said I was done!! :biggrin:

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

You said it Steve, people posting finds while the rest of us can only read about them is the worst.  At least I got to use one for 4 hours.  That took a bit of the edge off.  NOT!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Earth sweeper said:

I got an email from my dealer.  Real nice guy. Said I am now #3 on the waiting list. They shipped him less than he ordered. Should be one coming my way when they ship him the rest of the order. 

Nice indication that another shipment has come to dealers though. Hopeful...I'm #5 on a waiting list for the 800. 600 came yesterday.