The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So did everyone get their detector? Anyone still waiting, and how long have you been waiting?

I had been working with Gerry's Metal Detectors in Boise, ID . .  They were the first dealer I contacted when I knew I wanted an Equinox 800 , went on their waiting list, and even after going on about 12 other waiting lists at various dealers Gerry was the first one (and only one)to contact me back that they had one to buy.  Great dealer, honored my veteran's discount( very much appreciated) , shipped promptly after I paid , and I received about a week later in mid April.  I've been busy with home projects but playing/learning ii in back yard test garden. After having used a Whites XLT solely for 14 years just a bit of a learning curve, but hope to get out very soon. I've been trying out different programs and setting up a Profile program , so, first time in the field I'll be comfortable with it and how it's different from my Whites.  Again, Gerry's Metal Detectors an outstanding Minelab dealer and very , very good guy to work with. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Walter S. Fowler said:

I had been working with Gerry's Metal Detectors in Boise, ID . .  They were the first dealer I contacted when I knew I wanted an Equinox 800 , went on their waiting list, and even after going on about 12 other waiting lists at various dealers Gerry was the first one (and only one)to contact me back that they had one to buy.  Great dealer, honored my veteran's discount( very much appreciated) , shipped promptly after I paid , and I received about a week later in mid April.  I've been busy with home projects but playing/learning ii in back yard test garden. After having used a Whites XLT solely for 14 years just a bit of a learning curve, but hope to get out very soon. I've been trying out different programs and setting up a Profile program , so, first time in the field I'll be comfortable with it and how it's different from my Whites.  Again, Gerry's Metal Detectors an outstanding Minelab dealer and very , very good guy to work with. 

When did you order and go on the waiting list?

10 minutes ago, SittingElf said:

When did you order and go on the waiting list?

Went on the waiting list in early March and ordered when one became available on April 6. 

Hello Steve, ordered/paid Feb 4 and on March 26th I was told about 2 more months:sad: Was going to call again in the next day or so to see if I really had another month of waiting.

Steve, I'm still waiting. I got on what I thought was a pre-order list from Serious Detecting. After Minelab started shipping I called them to see where on the list I was. They told me that they didn't really have a pre-order list and that they wanted everyone to have an "equal chance" and that they would post on their website when they got inventory. I said "so I need to check your website every hour to see if you got any?" Oh no, we'll let you know. A couple of weeks later I get an email saying they have inventory so as soon as I read the email (an hour after they sent it) I check the website - No Inventory, so I can them. "No, they were gone in about 10 minutes. At that point I ordered (and paid) from Treasure Mountain Detectors. I'm #70 on their waiting list. In the meantime, about two weeks after placing my order with TMD I get a call from Serious detecting "Hey, We have an 800. Do you want it? No I say, I've ordered from somewhere else, Thanks. I should have said yes and sold it for a nice profit. I'm hoping to get mine shortly. I think they've shipped thru #60, only ten to go. 

49 minutes ago, Dug D said:

Hello Steve, ordered/paid Feb 4 and on March 26th I was told about 2 more months:sad: Was going to call again in the next day or so to see if I really had another month of waiting.

Yeah, something seems wrong with that. Though some dealers out of defensiveness may be quoting far out dates just so as to not get caught short. Underpromise and overdeliver.... 

Don't linger on someone's waiting list. Look at all dealers from Maine to Alaska and MN to Florida. Look on Minelabs website for the list of dealers and contact each of them by phone or email. Believe me you will dig one up. Not every dealer advertises on detecting forums. 

Don't prepay either. Pay them when they can ship it.. 

• Like 2

I'm on Jerry's waiting list. I contacted him last week and he thought it would be 30 to 40 days. He emailed me right back and was very honest in that he did not want a deposit. My local dealer (robber) in these parts wanted the entire $900. I have not purchased a brand new machine in 15 years, so I'm very excited! This time of year is the best for me in these parts as woods metal detecting goes....as is the fall. Mind you, all the silver I've seen coming out of the parks in youtube I might have to become a park hunter :laugh: Very happy to have found Gerry...I've had issues with the Muppet's at Kellyco as well!

HH

Sillllvar

• Like 1