The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

I could have had my 800 long before this, if I had been willing to buy from Cabella's. I won't because they refuse to honor Minelab's Awesome Military Discount.
They apparently think it's too much of a pain to deal with the paperwork. I think many of us may have been through too much of our own pain on their behalf in the military to give my business to a company that thinks that way about the military and vets! Too much of a hassle??? Pffft!

I'll continue to wait for my dealer, who is a strong supporter of the military and vets! Just saying...

• Like 1

It cost your small dealer $67 to give you that discount. Between Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops there are 41,000 employees. They are pretty much big box sporting goods dealers. Neither Bass Pro or Cabela's offer online military discounts but they do offer 5% discounts most of the year for in store purchases. 

My question to anyone is why does anyone deserve a discount for anything. I am retired and prior military but have never used that as an excuse not to buy from anyone. If I want it now I buy it. I can give you more than one instance of small dealers not being loyal to former customers since the Equinox came out.. 

50 minutes ago, Norm S said:

It cost your small dealer $67 to give you that discount. Between Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops there are 41,000 employees. They are pretty much big box sporting goods dealers. Neither Bass Pro or Cabela's offer online military discounts but they do offer 5% discounts most of the year for in store purchases. 

My question to anyone is why does anyone deserve a discount for anything. I am retired and prior military but have never used that as an excuse not to buy from anyone. If I want it now I buy it. I can give you more than one instance of small dealers not being loyal to former customers since the Equinox came out.. 

To each, his own. My position is that Minelab has been extraordinarily supportive by offering the 15% discount through their dealer network. The fact that Cabella's refuses to honor that discount is telling.  They don't even take inventory. All their orders are drop shipped. No skin off their backs, but the people Minelab is honoring have plenty of skin off theirs. " nuff said.

How many small dealers are actually asking full MAP price on the Nox?  I have never paid MAP for a new machine and even though I don't have mine yet I am getting close and the price was considerably below MAP but not 15%.

I contacted Wayne at MDS in the latter part of March and placed my order.  Sent him a copy of my DD214, received the Minelab military discount and was #14 on his list.  Received a personal phone call from him on Wednesday, 2 May, letting me know that it was in and would be FedEx'd that same day.  He also told me that the ProFind 35 that I'd asked about was also in.  I told him to throw one of those in the box also.  Expecting the normal 5-7 day ground shipping, I was really surprised when I was notified that my package was a 2 day shipment...all at no charge!  He also included one of his t-shirts...Army green.  Perfect!

Wayne and Doug were real pleasures to deal with and a true gentlemen in every regard.  Can't recommend them and MDS highly enough.

Thanks again Wayne.

Now off to the beach!!!  :smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AkNugget said:

Why would any dealer sell them for less than MAP, when most every dealer has waiting lists and cannot get fast enough from the mfgr.??  Isn't $899 MAP?

Customer Loyalty!  That's a HUGE factor when a dealer wants to keep customers coming back to them! Also there's always the issue of competition.

• Like 1

Well I can tell you one thing their hasn't been much customer loyalty with the Equinox.. I have spent over $7700 with dealers in the past 5 years. This year alone I have spent over $1700. I even ordered a CTX as a carrot to get moved up to the 1st shipment and I was told no so I canceled my order and found one on my own. Had one on my front door 5 days later.. There is one dealer selling E-800's for $800 but he did that to build a list.. He had like 70 people on his list when I talked to him and was only getting maybe 4 every two weeks.. When I want something I get it and refuse to wait.