The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

What’s going on is all dealers had a chance at making a “first order”. All detectors in that first order have to be filled before moving on to dealers in the second round of orders.

Small dealers only ordered a few detectors on the first order opportunity. Other larger dealers ordered 50 or 100 or 200 etc.

The intitial orders seem to have been spread around, filling many of the small dealers first orders of a few detectors. They sold them all and placed new orders.

Problem now is they have to wait until all those first round orders get filled, and that means the companies that went deep with big orders now control the supply until all those initial orders get filled. The big suppliers may in fact have already placed secondary large orders.

With the situation being like that a small dealer gets behind pretty quickly in their ability to keep up. And that’s why some of them are now going to be waiting all summer to get more units in stock.

I was a dealer back during the GPX 4500 craze and pretty well got shut out of buying new machines all one summer.

I don’t think demand is tapering off at all. With many new owners now finally making reports, many of them very good reports, people who were waiting are now placing orders. More likely this will snowball for the 800 and except for oddball units here and there it may be fall before the supply catches up with demand such that people can find 800s just sitting on shelves somewhere. The 600 is in fairly good supply now but that also may change as people find out just how good it is and rather than wait for 800s get the 600 instead.

• Thanks 1

I sure hope my order Feb 4 is in the first round of orders, if not it looks like a lot longer wait. :sad:  What if I didn't even make the second round. :sad::sad:

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Personally, I am the sort of person who wants all the capability I can get and I am with you on the 800 being my personal choice. Yet for nearly everything I have done with my 800 so far the 600 would have served as well. There is very little an 800 will find that a 600 can’t, and that’s just a fact.

I agree with you Steve, on both accounts. The few things I am looking forward to in the 800 are the increased recovery speed (I believe I will run in 7 most of the time rather than the 6 equivalent max on the 600), and being able to adjust the id/tone segments other than segment 1.  But, other than that, I can see no difference in my hunt settings.  Tim

I have been on the waiting list at Kellyco since Dec 21. I planned to cancel my order at the end of March if I hadn’t got it or an update from KellyCo.  I recently called KellyCo and talked to a very helpful Customer service rep. He asked if he could check on my order and call me back before a canceled. He called me back about 5 minutes later. He said that was was order 62. He thought I could be waiting another month. I canceled my order. I probably would have stayed with KellyCo if they had kept me updated. Just a email from time to time saying, we still have your order and hope to send it out soon. After canceling my order I called and emailed an dealer about 5 hours from me (and received no reply, yet). Back in February I bought a used Gpx 4500 from Gerry. I got it super quick and was very happy with his service. I called about a EQ 800. He told me he had one ready to go if I wanted it. It will be here tomorrow or Tuesday. Needless to say, Gerry’s Detectors is going to be my first stop in the future for upgrades and new gear. From everybody’s posts, I’m probably going to ‘need’ an 6” coil and 15” coil.....

• Like 4

Maybe you meant March 23rd?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Has anyone  ordered an Equinox 800 from Kellyco "on or after November 28th 2017"  received their detector as of yet? I'm just wondering, I feel like I've been getting the runaround with Kellyco, and no, I've yet to receive my detector from them!!!! Thanks...

'"D"

Not planning to work with them ever again. I ordered the Minelab accessory pack Easter Special on Wednesday morning, the 28th. I paid a pretty penny extra for their Priority Mail shipping. As of today, the 2nd of April, the order is still showing "Processing". That is crap service!  Sent an email asking why the delay, and they just kicked back a form mail that didn't answer the question and showed links to the order. No actual response from an individual there.

I have been reading many horror stories lately about them. Nasty telephone reps, delays, runarounds, favoritism, "lost" orders, etc....

Good luck with YOUR order. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darryl Galloway said:

Has anyone  ordered an Equinox 800 from Kellyco "on or after November 28th 2017"  received their detector as of yet? I'm just wondering, I feel like I've been getting the runaround with Kellyco, and no, I've yet to receive my detector from them!!!! Thanks...

'"D"

When I called KellyCo I was told that October and November pre orders had been completed. I was told that December was in progress of being shipped out. This may have been something they said in a effort to keep me from canceling. If you want one sooner, start with Gerry. If he has a waiting list now, start calling smaller dealers then KellyCo. I bet you can get one sooner then KellyCo will deliver your preorder.