Complete Set Of Equinox Physical Measurements

As complete as I know of anyway. Ask if anything is missing.

The Equinox collapses to 47" to fit in most detector bags.

The Equinox breaks down to fit in a standard airline carry on. The longest piece is the lower rod at 24-1/4" and weight 2.96 lbs.

minelab-equinox-stored-carry-on-bag.jpg

minelab-equinox-collapsed-length.jpg

minelab-equinox-collapsed-length-2.jpg

minelab-equinox-extended-tall-man.jpg

The Golden Mask rod could be made to work, but the first problem is Equinox handle being designed to fit an approx 22 mm outside diameter rod, whereas the Gold Mask upper rod is more like 26 mm (more or less). The upper rod is also a little shorter on the Golden Mask so probably ok for those with shorter arms. Might need to extend for longer arms.

The question other than making the rod collapse shorter is whether it is worth the effort. The Equinox handle assembly by itself as shown in the top of the photo below only weighs 13.6 oz or 386 grams, and is about as light as Minelab could make it without making it weaker. I think the lower rod is spun fiberglass but it might be plastic - hard to tell without digging into it. The two uppers are aluminum and replacing them with carbon fiber I can't see as saving much.

The upper rods are 22 mm outside diameter and the lower rod is 20 mm outside diameter.

The lock pins as close as I can eyeball appear to be 5 mm. I think the diagram below explains the layout pretty well - ask if further questions. Click or double-click for larger views.

minelab-equinox-rod-assembly-measurements.jpg

minelab-equinox-armrest-armcup-detail.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Steve, I do not have mine yet so thanks again.......

This is exactly the kind of post I come here for. Thanks, this is very helpful. One question, what is the dimension shown in the image below. I have a couple of different backpacks in mind for the Equinox and this measurement is key to getting my gear to fit in one bag.NoxDia.thumb.png.6b129e3b591af7ba792b03fbf5d36e6a.png

I'm looking for that dimension as well but from a crude measurement of the picture it appears that dimension is almost exactly the same as the coil diameter, so

11" ??

If I had the desire to make an s-shaft for the equinox I have no doubt I could rig it to work,but might require a little modifying   

I guess the goal would be to set an s-middle rod that curves up toward the pod and then down to the coil so the center point of the coil is concentric to the hand wrapping around the handle. How it would affect swing and balance tbd

Equinox  Weight:   Unit weight-600 grams, coil with cable-517 grams, medium rod-100 grams, bottom rod 100 grams .....