2 Questions Over The Manual

MrHusker

In reading the manual for the 4th or 5th time, i have 2 questions:

- Factory Presets, page 63 has the settings for Gold 1 and Gold 2 the same, however on page 26 Gold 2 is to be different from Gold 1, by having the a lower Recovery Speed.  Is the only difference the recovery speed?

- When it comes to Noise Cancel & Ground Balance, does it matter the order in which these are done?  

Thanks! 

Equinox 600 / 800 Full Instruction Manual (English pdf 5.59 MB)

Equinox 600 / 800 Getting Started Guide (English pdf 847.71 KB)

Equinox Battery Charging Recommendations And Warnings

Minelab Equinox Parts & Accessories Page

I thought Gold 1 and Gold 2 have different weighted Multi Frequencies..  I might be wrong on that one.. good question.. 

Bryan

I think the basic Gold Modes are the same with the difference being in setup. Whenever I ask questions like that I am simply told to leave it to Minelab to explain the underlying differences if any between different modes and Multi-IQ. They are playing their cards close to the vest. Still, the last paragraph in each section below is identical so that’s what I am going with until I hear different or can prove otherwise. Page 63 appears to be in error.

I always Noise Cancel before anything else.

C7C9A7D3-24C2-4908-9741-EE5E8CAEF0DD.jpeg

• Confused 1

Does that mean that Minelab does plan on explaining the difference between these modes as far as Multi Frequency Weighting?  I had a similar question on the difference between Park 1 and Field 1.. This would be good information to know instead of us having to do extensive testing to try and figure it out.  I know we are still waiting for Multi-IQ part 4.  Hopefully they will delve in to this topic in that article..

Bryan

Hmm! I live in Pennsylvania, so thought I wouldn't much need a gold mode and bought the 600. However, in the back of my mind I thought If I wanted to I could always manually create the gold mode settings, since both 600 and 800 have all five freqs in multi mode. This talk of weighted multi-frequencies makes me wonder if manual settings would really do it.

It is impossible to recreate Gold Mode exactly on the Equinox 600. It employs a completely different boosted form of VCO audio as opposed to the silent search discrimination method employed on the other modes. The closest you can get on the Equinox 600 is to use Park 2. Field 2 will work also but it is critical that target id 1 and 2 be set to accept - they are blocked by default in Field 2.

Multi-IQ is incredibly powerful on gold under all conditions and because of this the nugget hunting performance of the Equinox 600 in Park 2 or Field 2 is as good or better than some dedicated nugget detectors. The Equinox 800 goes to the next step via the boosted VCO audio. Neither unit takes a back seat however when it comes to gold performance.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/5126-so-what-is-gold-mode-exactly/

herschbach-first-gold-nuggets-2018.jpg

• Like 1